What's the Catch? Someone Has Sent Me 100's of Leads.

Last month, out of the blue, I received an envelope which contained a lead list of upcoming T-65s, printed on index cards, along with a two-page script. I'm a med supp/MA independent broker, so this is right up my alley, but at this time, I am not pursuing any new business via direct marketing; so I know this is not something I requested or someone I spoke to that generated these leads-but I have basically been advanced hundreds of leads by a marketer-and I'm convinced it was an honest mistake. Lucky me, huh? Or maybe some of you know exactly what's going on-this is some new tactic ( likely just new to me ) by a marketer and I will probably get a phone call soon asking, " how's those leads I sent you?" . But if not, I'm going to start working these. Anyone else have this happen recently?

Last month, out of the blue, I received an envelope which contained a lead list of upcoming T-65s, printed on index cards, along with a two-page script. I'm a med supp/MA independent broker, so this is right up my alley, but at this time, I am not pursuing any new business via direct marketing; so I know this is not something I requested or someone I spoke to that generated these leads-but I have basically been advanced hundreds of leads by a marketer-and I'm convinced it was an honest mistake. Lucky me, huh? Or maybe some of you know exactly what's going on-this is some new tactic ( likely just new to me ) by a marketer and I will probably get a phone call soon asking, " how's those leads I sent you?" . But if not, I'm going to start working these. Anyone else have this happen recently?

This has not happened to me...However we have a member on the forum Josh who from time to time offers some free lists to members of the forum.

I will probably get a phone call soon asking, " how's those leads I sent you?" . But if not, I'm going to start working these. Anyone else have this happen recently?

Why would you WAIT to start working 'free leads'......
If they are something you'd work (as you said you would) why in the world would you wait for some marketer to call before you worked the leads???????

*Note to self.... Work leads make money, accept phone call from Santa, later....IF that call ever comes.
But if the numbers and people are real why not call and 'help' those people it's "your calling", right?:biggrin:

Why would you WAIT to start working 'free leads'......
If they are something you'd work (as you said you would) why in the world would you wait for some marketer to call before you worked the leads???????

*Note to self.... Work leads make money, accept phone call from Santa, later....IF that call ever comes.
But if the numbers and people are real why not call and 'help' those people it's "your calling", right?:biggrin:
well, i have a huge client base already and I spend most of my time managing that client base. with the nature of the medicare market nowadays, i spend a majority of my time switching my current policyholders to a more affordable rate when they call me due to an impending rate increase. ( if i don't do it, another agent will ). Nonetheless, word of mouth, referrals and the AEP helps me pick up at least 100 NEW clients each year. Furthermore, with a wife and four young boys, I am at a stage in my life where my job as "daddy" is quite demanding and gobbles up precious hours and energy that workaholics like ourselves made the most of back in those days when we could- working until well after dark, visiting prospects or burrowing through stacks of leads and making some phone calls that were actually past your prospects' bedtime! Back then, I just had one son, and it was no sweat finding time to spend with him in those days. Nowadays, with 4 boys and a huge client base I am overwhelmed. My two year-old cries every morning for me not to go, my seven year old wants to throw baseball, my 9 year old wants to show me the air rifle he wants for his birthday and my 15 year old needs a ride to football practice. I have always been a coach for their teams and those sports barely give you a break when one ends before the next one starts. But I wouldnt trade it to anyone!
I know the importance of marketing and prospecting, its just finding the time during the day to actually do it. I have a telemarketer that Ive used for years but I havent given her any lists in abot a year. ( but now I will! ). This forum has helped greatly BTW, I had talked with Frank Stasny and purchased his program and software about marketing strategy. In 2010 I even hired a secretary, which allowed me to be in the field just about every day! She had to leave in 2011 and I havent replaced her yet. My, this is a long answer! but my point is that it is such a challenge finding TIME to devote to work. My work day, like so many people , includes constant interruptions pertaining to family matters,( some small, some big ). There will come a day, if i am lucky, where I will once again be able to really sink my teeth into this great job where the sky is the limit.

But to answer your question, if no one calls very soon, apologizing for mistakenly mailing me leads purchased for someone else, then yeah, Im gonna work them!!

tommy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Seems odd to me. Where did it come from? Feel free to answer in private if you prefer, [email protected].

i may have thrown the envelope away but it may be somewhere on the script or on the lists. I will take a look!

Last edited:
selfgen,

What is a "huge" client base? Just wondering in case I ever get there. I would not trade this job for any other either, the freedom is worth alot.

currently i have over 1100 active policyholders. when i hire a secretary, I will be able to resume sales full-time. Im trying to develop a strategy for bringing in agents under me, and take that next step.

tommy

Back