What's the Last Day for a Plan Mb to Cancel New Plan?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Ex: Nervous Nelly Plan A member Enrolled into plan B for Jan 1, 2017. Nelly changes/loses her mind and wants to remain on Plan A. I'm under the impression that she has until Dec 31 to cancel Plan B. No need to re-enroll with Plan since she is ALREADY on Plan A and Plan B hasn't started yet. She frantically read a letter to me that mentioned Dec 7 though.

Ex: Nervous Nelly Plan A member Enrolled into plan B for Jan 1, 2017. Nelly changes/loses her mind and wants to remain on Plan A. I'm under the impression that she has until Dec 31 to cancel Plan B. No need to re-enroll with Plan since she is ALREADY on Plan A and Plan B hasn't started yet. She frantically read a letter to me that mentioned Dec 7 though.

What the heck are you talking about. If she's going from Plan A to Plan B, she can do it ANY time during the year she wants. She can also cancel the Plan B ANY time during the year that she wants. These MA ads on T.V. confuse the hell out of people!:goofy:

He is using plan A plan B as names for different MA plans, not medigap. Technically yes, she should be able to just cancel enrollment into the new plan anytime before it goes into effect. That said, I moved one to Blue KC from AARP Complete, she changed her mind, we called UHC, they advised me to submit a new application to remain on the old plan.

He is using plan A plan B as names for different MA plans, not medigap. Technically yes, she should be able to just cancel enrollment into the new plan anytime before it goes into effect. That said, I moved one to Blue KC from AARP Complete, she changed her mind, we called UHC, they advised me to submit a new application to remain on the old plan.

Oh, ok...I know the consumers get confused, but knew he's been selling Med Supps long enough to know the difference. I thought that he might've been drinking.:laugh:

Does that make you the new AOR, eligible for commission?

----------

Does that make you the new AOR, eligible for commission?

Nervous Nelley has to decide before December 7 to cancel the new plan she enrolled into.Jan 1 to Feb 14 is Medicare disenrollment when she can only go back to original Medicare and a part d drug plan. If she waits until the end of Dec she will be stuck on the new plan she enrolled into.

I had this happen to me last year but it was after AEP had ended and fortunately my Nelly was able to keep her prior plan because it was before the end of the year.

I never trust the system (and it was tough to make this stick) so always am really careful in these situations.

My approach to this would be to re-enroll Nelly in her old plan before the end of AEP, this way there is no uncertainty. I would probably not want to be her agent for the old plan either.

I had this happen to me last year but it was after AEP had ended and fortunately my Nelly was able to keep her prior plan because it was before the end of the year.

I never trust the system (and it was tough to make this stick) so always am really careful in these situations.

My approach to this would be to re-enroll Nelly in her old plan before the end of AEP, this way there is no uncertainty. I would probably not want to be her agent for the old plan either.

Yep, this is what Humana Agent Services rep told me this morning. An experienced UHC agent told me that the new UHC Agent actually gets to take credit for the new UHC app (Plan A in the example) if they "re-enroll" the member. I misunderestimated the intelligence of the prospect in this case, thinking that she understood what I was trying to do to help her. But, of course, she acted if I was trying to screw her. Oh well- can't win em all.

Yep, this is what Humana Agent Services rep told me this morning. An experienced UHC agent told me that the new UHC Agent actually gets to take credit for the new UHC app (Plan A in the example) if they "re-enroll" the member. I misunderestimated the intelligence of the prospect in this case, thinking that she understood what I was trying to do to help her. But, of course, she acted if I was trying to screw her. Oh well- can't win em all.

I think that "misunderestimated" is one of my new favorite words.:yes:

I still like "company spokeholes".:laugh:

Latest posts

Back