Whats So Special About Physicians Mutual?

I don't get it. I've met two folks, one Atty and another a business owner that swear by PM because they've been with them long enough they don't have to pay a deductible? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything backing up this claim.

What's your experience?

I don't get it. I've met two folks, one Atty and another a business owner that swear by PM because they've been with them long enough they don't have to pay a deductible? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything backing up this claim. What's your experience?

If they buy a Plan F from any company they pay no deductible. If that's their goal.

Nothing special about any Med Sup company. They are all equal other than price.

An attorney has never had any training with insurance or Medicare Supplements. He knows no more than any other senior.

I don't get it. I've met two folks, one Atty and another a business owner that swear by PM because they've been with them long enough they don't have to pay a deductible? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything backing up this claim.

What's your experience?

My experience? They are overpriced and easily replaced. Medicare & you 2016 page 100 is pretty clear. All modernized plans are the same, except price.

"because they've been with them long enough they don't have to pay a deductible'

You're going to get that from time to time, Mostly with BC and AARP people, Some will keep themselves at a rate $100 per month too much because they won't believe another company will do the same. I run into this time to time with teli leads

United did a survey of Seniors a couple of years ago

Only about 30% knew the difference between A and B (which seems like a very high stat to me)

Only about 5% could describe what their Advantage plan covered

Attorney or no--they DONT know what they pay, what the benefits are, often even the carrier.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I can't tell you how many times I've been thrown off track...

One other bit... Doesn't UHC offer a gym membership with their MedSups? I saw it somewhere and thought... How many of these little idiosyncrasies are out there???

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't tell you how many times I've been thrown off track... One other bit... Doesn't UHC offer a gym membership with their MedSups? I saw it somewhere and thought... How many of these little idiosyncrasies are out there???

The core benefits are the same with all plans. The extra stuff is just gimmicky stuff to most people. Aetna has a bag of discounts. UH has a gym membership. Most people don't want to pay extra for that stuff. If you find someone who does, just sell it them.

I wonder if the reduced deductible fluctuates... There has to be something or otherwise, why would anyone switch back to an F because it would essentially be that... Or the next closest to a G. There has to something not being relayed in the press release, right??

The core benefits are the same with all plans. The extra stuff is just gimmicky stuff to most people. Aetna has a bag of discounts. UH has a gym membership. Most people don't want to pay extra for that stuff. If you find someone who does, just sell it them.

Aetna has a gym membership too. Similar to SilverSneakers.

Back