When is the Best Time to Move a "J" Medsup to an "F" Or"G"??

Will all blocks of business, regardless of plan, close like they did in with modernization in 2010 (IIRC) or is 2020 supposed to be different?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, that was when Plan G started covering 100% of the Part B Excess instead of 80%, so that plan did change along with the introduction of Plan N and the others. So existing Plan G blocks had to be closed. But I had thought that Plan F, etc. all rebooted in 2010, with everything reopening fresh in 2010. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time!

Regarding Plan J, I've seen some blocks of Plan J business that are lower than some closed as well as open blocks of Plan F business with the same company (a very competitive carrier) and in the same ballpark as currently available Plan G rates.

I am by no means an expert of what is going to happen and what the bill(s) have to say, but from my understanding they aren't changing Plan G, just mainly getting rid of the 1st dollar coverage plans. That's supposed to be the whole idea behind the change. The logic is that you forced seniors to pay for there own Part B deductible and they will think twice before going to the doctor because of a little sniffel. Will it work? We'll see. I do have to wonder about that little old lady that didn't go because she didn't quite have that much money, and then died over something that could have been easily prevented. You know it has to happen sometime.

As for Plan J, those premiums should have plummeted, or at least close to the Plan F premiums when Part D came out.

Got the final "Official Response" from the MedSup guru's at UHC.

Any change from a pre-standardized plan(previous to 6/1/2010) to a 'standardized' plan(6/1/2010 or later) requires underwriting AND a new entry age.

"It's just like they are going from one company to another"

The phone call thing works on the "standardized plans" only.

Al

Back