Where to Get Part B Medication

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I am trying to help a client with an Aetna Supp Plan F and Humana PDP

I signed her up on GI she had group and previously received med though their mail order

But now she is having trouble because pharmacies don't seem to have the drug and she does not know where to go

Before she called me, She had called Humana and Humana said it is a part B drug.
She need to get a medical plan and they can help her (thanks Humana again and again and again for consistently trying to steal my clients)

Anyway the Drug is tacrolimus she needs because she had kidney transplant.

Anyone in the past that had a part B drug was never an issue because it is usually administered by Doc or facility.

Punt.

I think this is one that is administered in the docs office under Medicare. So they probably order it and know how to get it paid. Have her call the docs office, they probably deal with this all the time.

U65 may have allowed her to use the drug at home. Medicare may require her to get it at the doc's office.

Punt.

I think this is one that is administered in the docs office under Medicare. So they probably order it and know how to get it paid. Have her call the docs office, they probably deal with this all the time.

U65 may have allowed her to use the drug at home. Medicare may require her to get it at the doc's office.

Great thank you

10 char

Check out the following attachment. Part B covered medications will typically need to be ordered from a "specialty pharmacy". Walgreens has a specialty pharmacy program. It may be more difficult to find small mom and pop pharmacies that have access to a specialty pharmacy. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Medicare Part B Kidney.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
Tacrolimus is usually available at any community pharmacy that can take Medicare B. The doctor needs to make sure the prescription has the patients name, dob, and address and the diagnosis code and specific directions and quantities. All major pharmacy chains and many independents will be able to provide this and bill it properly through Medicare B. Make sure that the client provides the pharmacy with their Medicare A&B card.

Latest posts

Back