Who Is the Best IMO, FMO to Contract With?

Scanning the obits and mailing the survivors is brilliant. I'm sure when they receive your letter, they will take it as divine intervention and jump at the opportunity to see your "free" comprehensive planning resource.

Actually working the obits is not anything new. Some agents, especially debit agents have done very well working the obits. They would call on the pall bearers within a week or two and the survivors after about three to four weeks. Their approach to them is the same as the approach they would use for anyone else but they think they get a better response because the problems with paying for final expense are fresh on the prospects mind.

Last edited:
I have to say I was a bit lost in the original post.

Your opening of asking who is the best FMO to contract with, then ask if that is the wrong question. However, you never address why that is the wrong question and answer the original question saying there are better questions, which directly relate to the first question. There is a lot more to consider, such as releases, commission assignment, support, etc.

If you are offering a service, just offer the service. Offering random bits and pieces of advice prior to this "free" service seems shady to me, and judging by the replies, to others as well. Not to say you or your products are shady, just the approach was off.

I have to say I was a bit lost in the original post.

Your opening of asking who is the best FMO to contract with, then ask if that is the wrong question. However, you never address why that is the wrong question and answer the original question saying there are better questions, which directly relate to the first question. There is a lot more to consider, such as releases, commission assignment, support, etc.

If you are offering a service, just offer the service. Offering random bits and pieces of advice prior to this "free" service seems shady to me, and judging by the replies, to others as well. Not to say you or your products are shady, just the approach was off.

The post was random. However, I'm not offering any service or product to this forum. What I do offer to the prospect is tangible, transparent and complete.

In what way? .

Do you mean: The benefits of having your final wishes written down, organized and known to others? The benefits of having a plan in place to pay for final expenses and other bills?

Your question is a bit vaque.

Do you mean: The benefits of having your final wishes written down, organized and known to others? The benefits of having a plan in place to pay for final expenses and other bills?

Your question is a bit vaque.

Don't see anything vague about asking what way what you offer to a client is "tangible, transparent and complete". Apparently you don't either as you answered the question.

I am also looking for an fmo in central California. Does anyone have any suggestions

Does it have to be central Cali? Take a look at Berwick Insurance Group in AZ. I'm not contracted with them but I have spoken to them.

Back