Who Designs These Certifications?

These certifications are past the point of being ridiculous... I tried to take both Geisinger and United Healthcare. Not only is the wording incorrect (causing you to give incorrect answers,) but the flash software is faulty, and if you reload, you give up one of your three tries. This is on a brand new computer, latest browsers, etc.

A 50-year old broker might not notice how poorly these applications run, but a 27-year old broker certainly does.

They need to standardize all these tests so that they aren't playing with people's certifications.

Anybody with me?:mad:

A lot of the companies are behind the game technologically.

Last edited:
This is my first year certifying for this stuff and I got a 100% on every test. It seemed fine to me. The only thing I don't agree with is how long it says it will take per cert. It took my like 2x as long as it said but I was taking notes as well.

Yeah it seems like every year the AARP certs will drop me from one of my attempts it just locks up....drives me nuts but what can you do?

These certifications are past the point of being ridiculous... I tried to take both Geisinger and United Healthcare. Not only is the wording incorrect (causing you to give incorrect answers,) but the flash software is faulty, and if you reload, you give up one of your three tries. This is on a brand new computer, latest browsers, etc.

A 50-year old broker might not notice how poorly these applications run, but a 27-year old broker certainly does.

They need to standardize all these tests so that they aren't playing with people's certifications.

Anybody with me?:mad:

My main beef is the lack of proof-reading. One question on one of my exams this year set up a scenario using an agent of one name and asking what should agent "some other name" do? I don't remember the names as they are inconsequential... but the question posed was totally screwed up. I got it correct because I assumed the mistake. Perhaps it was done this way purposefully. Just another "trick" question?

Then, one of my carriers' product exams asked the benefits of a plan specific to another state I am not licensed in. Good grief!

Yeah it seems like every year the AARP certs will drop me from one of my attempts it just locks up....drives me nuts but what can you do?

This year, the UHC/AARP certification page has a link to AHIP, but when you click on it, it tells you that you have only 3 attempts to pass the test. I had already taken and passed the test... I just wanted my transcript transferred. I thought clicking on it would make it look like I tried to take the test again and count against my "tries". UHC PHD said it just looks that way.... you are supposed to click on it to get to the AHIP site. No amount of protesting moves these people. That's the way they do it, and that's it.

I have the newest version of internet explorer, AHIP or United Health I can't remember requited that I have internet explorer 6 7 or 8. I had to use a different computer

I am sure the same idiots that write these "certifications" are the same folks who write the insurance licensing exams. AHIP should be all you need, and then a quick 20 minute review of new plan benefits. This overkill having to do with fraud, waste, abuse, and marketing tactics is brutal. I think I have reviewed it all so many times I could pass every test without a problem.

Back