This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine

Noqw if they would just do something about "Heather" and the warranty calls... Two this morning showing different numbers.. I have tried every way in the world to stop the calls. :mad:

I get what you're saying. Yeah. "Tough on crime."

Got it.

It's still an outlandish fine.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Yes, it is outlandish, but the FCC is trying to send a message. And it was 21 million calls in a few months. He was burning up the lines.

Noqw if they would just do something about "Heather" and the warranty calls... Two this morning showing different numbers.. I have tried every way in the world to stop the calls. :mad:

Nomorobo. Free for many landline providers, not yet available for cell phones.

I get what you're saying. Yeah. "Tough on crime."

Got it.

It's still an outlandish fine.

I think from their POV, they would want him to go out of business. I don't mean to sound harsh, but if he was responsible for 21m calls... harassing people to the point he was shutting down systems, I would agree. He should lose that right.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't know that was wrong?

And while there at it also do something about Emily the Headset Girl from Travel Services who has called my cell phone at least 50 times this year.Emily uses spoofs of well known company such as State Farm,Vistakon etc. to get you to answer the phone.

I think FCC fines are able to take into account any perceived damages caused to the victims as well. In this case, insurance policies were sold, and probably many were replacements. If the Prospecting method was illegal, then that could make the Sale illegal as well. That means they could have potentially considered the Premiums paid and Benefits forfeited, along with the volume of calls made and all the other factors. And then if the Sales and Replacements were perceived as not suitable (I have no clue if there were or not) then that could make it an even worse issue in their eyes.

I think FCC fines are able to take into account any perceived damages caused to the victims as well. In this case, insurance policies were sold, and probably many were replacements. If the Prospecting method was illegal, then that could make the Sale illegal as well. That means they could have potentially considered the Premiums paid and Benefits forfeited, along with the volume of calls made and all the other factors. And then if the Sales and Replacements were perceived as not suitable (I have no clue if there were or not) then that could make it an even worse issue in their eyes.

Don't think the FCC would get ivovled with the suitability of replacements... However, just thin how terrrible that fine is.. It comes to a total of 4 whole dollars for each illegal call.. :nah:

Don't think the FCC would get ivovled with the suitability of replacements... However, just thin how terrrible that fine is.. It comes to a total of 4 whole dollars for each illegal call.. :nah:

I had that thought as well. Really pretty light.

And I agree with Deadslash, I think the point of the fine is, "Go away, die, Die, DIE!!!"

And it was 21 million calls in a few months. He was burning up the lines.

That does put it in perspective. 21 Million Calls is a ton.

It must have been some sort of call center or something he was running - no way one agent could handle all of the (a) interested prospects or (b) complaints.

I wonder if anyone else will be named liable - i.e., downline agents (which may include other agents on the forum).

That does put it in perspective. 21 Million Calls is a ton.

It must have been some sort of call center or something he was running - no way one agent could handle all of the (a) interested prospects or (b) complaints.

I wonder if anyone else will be named liable - i.e., downline agents (which may include other agents on the forum).
It had to be a dialer of some sort, there is reference in a few of the articles about this to him shutting down systems because of the volume of calls.

In the given time frame 21,000,000 calls would be somewhere between 17 and 18k a day! That's counting Sundays, Holidays etc.

1,500 calls an hour if he's staying in the permissible dialing hours!

Latest posts

Back