This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine

While I have met Phil at some of our producer meetings here in NC, I don't know him other than a few conversations. I do know he had a number of agents under him and give/sold (not sure which) a lot of his leads to people under him. I think I recalled him saying he had 200 agents in his down line. This is not a one man operation.

Phil was aggressive with his work (obviously now too aggressive) and was always trying to find an edge.

If this was what he was doing, then he has to take the punishment for it. I hate it for those around him that might not have understood what he was doing and got caught up in it. Not sure how it impacts all those agents contracted through him either.

I don't want to make allowances for what he has done, but we all make mistakes (this is a BIG one), I hope he can find something beyond this to focus on moving forward.

I cannot imagine getting a letter (I assume that is how he was told) about the trouble he is in.

My hat's off to the FCC. #u@k this dude. I hate robocallers, spoofers, and all them douchebags. Guys like that make our job a lot harder than it needs to be.

From what I remember, he was focusing a lot on aca policies. Have a friend who went to one of his training classes. Friend said he was focusing on selling $0 premium aca plans. In the meeting he was getting low income people so the high deductible plan was $0. He know those would stick because the gov't was paying the premium.

He was targeting states where you could write $0 aca plans.

While not the most ethical thing to push clients to, his method (robo calls) for generating those leads got him.

His targeting method was like the cpa near Charlotte that was targeting the homeless for $0 plans. That cpa was hurting the client because they qualified for Medicaid and other benefits that disappeared because of the aca plan.

Guilty? Home depot sells a guy a hammer then he goes home and murders his wife with it; should home depot feel guilty?

A guilty conscience needs no accusing. Do you prefer stripes or perhaps orange...it's the new black after all.

Yes, the guilt lays squarely on you, home depot, the pencils that mispel words, the cars that drive drunk and the spoons that made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

A guilty conscience needs no accusing. Do you prefer stripes or perhaps orange...it's the new black after all.

Yes, the guilt lays squarely on you, home depot, the pencils that mispel words, the cars that drive drunk and the spoons that made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

To be perfectly clear, this is by far my most famous client. My developer saw it on the news the night before I shared the link with him!

Pigs don't use spoons. :no:

I would not want to be the agent who sold business off those leads especially if if they are Medicare Advantage sales because none would be compliant and subject to CMS fines and penalties.

Making a Million calls a day is not that hard to do with a dialer. Of course, you don't connect with that many people. A 100 line dialer will make approx 100,000 calls in a 12 hour period. Actual leads and depending on the product would be .00025.

21 million calls would produce approx 5,250 leads, but because he was probably saying free in the pitch it is probably double that.

Also, you can't BK a law suit like this, just like you can't BK taxes.

Last edited:
Back