This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine

When the fines are high, it's usually an indication that the rule is challenging to enforce. I imagine this ruling is meant to send a message to other spoofers. I do wonder if he will have to pay that entire amount... or just declare bankruptcy.

21 million calls? In 4 months? Holy $#!^
The article says it was enough to disrupt the network, holy hell dude.

"In December 2016, Spok, a medical paging provider, complained to the FCC that robocalling was disrupting its network. The FCC was able to connect these calls to Roesel"

FCC commissioners quoted Roesel as saying “the dumber, the more broke, the better” in regard to whom he targeted with his robocalls.

Last edited:
Wow, I recognize him from the forum - very chilling!

yeah, I recognize him as well. Hopefully this won't stick or could be reduced - he has given a lot of good advice over the years, and you hate to see someone go down like that.

82 Million seems like an excessive fine... that's just bankruptcy as I doubt he made that much as a med supp agent / agency owner.

Looks like they are trying to make an example out of him.

Good grief...

Good Luck, Phil

yeah, I recognize him as well. Hopefully this won't stick or could be reduced - he has given a lot of good advice over the years, and you hate to see someone go down like that.

82 Million seems like an excessive fine... that's just bankruptcy as I doubt he made that much as a med supp agent / agency owner.

Looks like they are trying to make an example out of him.

Good grief...

Good Luck, Phil

Well, did he make 21 million robocalls?

Back