This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine

That does put it in perspective. 21 Million Calls is a ton.

It must have been some sort of call center or something he was running - no way one agent could handle all of the (a) interested prospects or (b) complaints.

I wonder if anyone else will be named liable - i.e., downline agents (which may include other agents on the forum).

Now I do feel for them if they got caught up in this and were completely aware.

I suspect they weren't dragged into this if there even are downline agents, but there is no telling.

As to Phillip, if he did what they said he did then I have no sympathy for him. This wasn't an accidental call to someone on the DNC. He didn't accidentally call a cell phone with a dialer because it wasn't listed right to be scrubbed. He absolutely light up the phone lines with robocalls and called one provider's numbers so often as to disrupt service.

These number fascinate me!

Statistically speaking, a lot of people on this forum got a call from him, lol.

1,500 calls an hour if he's staying in the permissible dialing hours!

Oh yeah. Pretty sure this person made sure he was only calling during permissible hours.

To do otherwise would be illegal . . .

Last edited:
It had to be a dialer of some sort, there is reference in a few of the articles about this to him shutting down systems because of the volume of calls.

In the given time frame 21,000,000 calls would be somewhere between 17 and 18k a day! That's counting Sundays, Holidays etc.

1,500 calls an hour if he's staying in the permissible dialing hours!

Confusing Article. He made 81k calls during a 4 mth period. Must have been using several dialers. That's about 20k calls a mth or 700 a day.

My Neighbor is an FBI agent (the Feds always exaggerate the charge...its how they intimidate the Perpetrator).

""Mr. Roesel was responsible for more than 200,000 robocalls a day -- 21.5 million altogether," said FCC chairman Ajit Pai." NO WAY you can make this many calls effectivey.

They got him on something...but i ain't buying 21 million calls (those numbers. Literally impossible...to achieve). 8000 calls per hr???? (how does that work)? That's over 100 calls per minute and then there's the handling of the prospects (you gotta talk to them to sign them up). Really....must have had 1000's of telemarketers working to handle that kinda volume.....MUST HAVE been 1 hell of a phone room....

Tough to make a buck these days...now he's going to pay a stiff fine and loose his license. Not good....

Last edited:
21 million calls? In 4 months? Holy $#!^
The article says it was enough to disrupt the network, holy hell dude.

"In December 2016, Spok, a medical paging provider, complained to the FCC that robocalling was disrupting its network. The FCC was able to connect these calls to Roesel"

FCC commissioners quoted Roesel as saying “the dumber, the more broke, the better” in regard to whom he targeted with his robocalls.

In scanning through the thread, this is the post which caught my attention. If Mr Roesel actually said those things, it would suggest he might not have approached the business with the best interest of his customers at heart, whatever the call volume actually was.

Back