Wil Cigna/Healthspring Have a Minimum Requirement this Year?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I thought that I had read that the minimum requirement of 5 applied to everything up until AEP 2014. I didn't sell ANY this last AEP and am dwindling down the book every month. I'll call the area rep tomorrow to verify, but just wondered if anyone knew?

Answering my own question... AGAIN. Rep informed that the requirement is 1 for the year. I requested it in writing. she said that there will be a follow up e-mail announcement.

Last edited:
I thought that I had read that the minimum requirement of 5 applied to everything up until AEP 2014. I didn't sell ANY this last AEP and am dwindling down the book every month. I'll call the area rep tomorrow to verify, but just wondered if anyone knew?

Answering my own question... AGAIN. Rep informed that the requirement is 1 for the year. I requested it in writing. she said that there will be a follow up e-mail announcement.

In case that anyone is interested, I was informed by Healthspring that the minimum requirement is "1" for the year. They didn't want to put out a formal letter to advertise this requirement. It was embedded nondescriptly in just one sentence of their monthly newsletter.

In case that anyone is interested, I was informed by Healthspring that the minimum requirement is "1" for the year. They didn't want to put out a formal letter to advertise this requirement. It was embedded nondescriptly in just one sentence of their monthly newsletter.
They are the only carrier I did not recertify with for this year. Now that I'm gone I've decided not to go back even if no minimum until they decide to compensate agents on PDP plans.

Last edited:
They are the only carrier I did not recertify with for this year. Now that I'm gone I've decided not to go back even if no minimum until they decide to compensate agents on PDP plans.

I haven't written any either since before the last AEP, but I have to write at least ONE to keep the renewals coming. I only have about 17 MA members left to switch over to another dual plan. I hope to get those out of the way before the next AEP.

I contracted/certified with Cigna in 2014 thinking I could move 50 or so Florida Blue clients that I wrote to them. At the training the rep told us they would have the strongest network in our area. When I got a copy of the directory there were 4 doctors in the city that I live in and all were in the same practice. I called the rep and he said the they do not work with every doctor in town and that is not the way they do business. He said to sell the WHY and people would change their PCP just to have Cigna. I called the practice in October and they were booking appointments for March. I am not even going to try to convince a senior to change their PCP if they would have to wait 5 months to see the new doctor. I didn't sell one policy. I have made my mind up to sell Medicare Supplements only.

I contracted/certified with Cigna in 2014 thinking I could move 50 or so Florida Blue clients that I wrote to them. At the training the rep told us they would have the strongest network in our area. When I got a copy of the directory there were 4 doctors in the city that I live in and all were in the same practice. I called the rep and he said the they do not work with every doctor in town and that is not the way they do business. He said to sell the WHY and people would change their PCP just to have Cigna. I called the practice in October and they were booking appointments for March. I am not even going to try to convince a senior to change their PCP if they would have to wait 5 months to see the new doctor. I didn't sell one policy. I have made my mind up to sell Medicare Supplements only.

That's the funniest story yet! The rep is just trying to hold on to a salaried job cause they most likely don't know to sell/market, loathe selling or marketing or both. Poor fella.

He said to sell the WHY and people would change their PCP just to have Cigna.
I got a similar pitch a few years ago at first Humana certification class. "Sell benefits, not networks," the instructor repeated. At my first Cigna certification class the instructor went to great lengths explaining why their model of care was unique and better than other MA plans. He had a hard time when the course got to star ratings section and he had to explain their 2.5.

Back