Will United Healthcare Stop Buying Up Smaller Companies, Please?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
This is becoming a nightmare game of "musical chairs" for me. I cannot contract with UHC due to termination "for cause" years ago, and they won't forget either. First, they bought out Physicians Health Choice, now Care Improvement plus next year. Due to the way that MIPPA is written, the MA companies have found a loophole (maybe deviously planned) to not pay renewals on written business. Since we have to recertify EVERY year and be "in good standing", this prevents me from doing so when they essentially buy out a company where I was in "good standing".
I then either have to switch "my members" to another plan where I can get paid, or end up giving my hard earned business away to UHC because there are limited options in my market where I work. This is making me sick to my stomach.
I don't know what to do. Honestly. The first thing that I'm going to attempt to go to my Dem congressman. I'm sure that the Repub congressman is in UHC's pocket, so I won't even bother with him.
Anybody out there in a similar predicament? I know that UHC won't contract with certain agents due to "poor credit" too. Certainly, they must also be affected.

Re: Will United Healthcare Stop Buying Up Smaller Companies, Plea

You can always appeal the decision. Have you tried that?

You can always appeal the decision. Have you tried that?

I recently did just that, re-applied. After a month long wait, they told me that I would most likely be denied due to the original termination for cause (5 years ago) and that some of the local agents complained about me (the local mexican mafia gang who don't want anyone in their playground). There is local genuine biotch agent who loves to look for things to accuse other agents of, or what she perceives. That is the one that always gets me in trouble. The letter stated that I had 60 days after the intial termination to appeal. Once that's exhausted, it's over. Any further appeals would be denied if the first appeal was denied, which it was.

I'm worried that they will buy up Bravo Health spring too. that is one of the other few options that I have in my area. I'm sticking with Aetna and Humana in hopes that they are too big to be bought out by UHC.

Last edited:

When you're appealing to UHC you'll also need your upline(s) to write a letter of recommendation for you. Otherwise, it usually won't work. Did they do that for you?

When you're appealing to UHC you'll also need your upline(s) to write a letter of recommendation for you. Otherwise, it usually won't work. Did they do that for you?

No, I don't believe that my immediate upline cares too much for UHC either. I think that I'd have to go thru the FMO to get that done. Does it even work in that situation? The letter that they sent me seemed very definite and to the point. I detest UHC, only want to keep my renewals that I've worked for and get out of this business.

Well, FMO's do have some pull, but it sounds like they would need quite a bit to help you out. You never know until you try it that way though.

This sucks!:mad:

I know alot of agent think this could never happen to them!

Can you sell your block to another agent?

This sucks!:mad:

I know alot of agent think this could never happen to them!

Can you sell your block to another agent?

that's a good question. I was just wondering about the other night. I'm going to ask. Quite honestly, I don't have that many CIPs since the only ones that I sell for them are medi-medis. If it came to the point that UHC steals my business again, I'll just sell those mbs a PDP and switch them back to medi-medi status. I'm just concerned that they'll buy up Bravo too and then another headache will occur.

Last edited:

To answer your question, probably not. With the way things are going it's becoming increasingly attractive for smaller carriers to sell out too.

The first thing that I'm going to attempt to go to my Dem congressman. I'm sure that the Repub congressman is in UHC's pocket, so I won't even bother with him.

You say you were terminated "for cause" and then you accuse someone else of being corrupt without any evidence to that effect?:1baffled:

Back