Working for United Insurance Group Agency, Inc.

raybia

Expert
Can anybody give me some background on United Insurance Group Agency, Inc. I am considering selling medicare supplements and I am being recruited by this company.

Are they a good company to work for?

Thanks!

raybia

If I was you I would get an up front no questions asked release from them. Have it signed. They sent me a release letter before contracting, but it wasn't signed and they knew it wasn't any good without a signature.

When I asked for the signature on it they would not give it to me. They sent it like that because they thought they were being tricky. This is the type of people you will be dealing with. I would stay away without that up front release signed.

Thanks!

Regardless of what you decide to do, do not assign your commissions to anyone. There is nothing anyone can promise you that will be beneficial for you.

Make sure you are the Agent of Record and that you are receiving a fair commission. I consider at least street level commission as being "fair".

Do some research and find out before leaping into something you may regret. If they try to get you to trade commission for "leads" run like hell.

You will be better off staying away from that company. They were good to work for about 5-7 years ago, then they were bought out by a LTC company for their client base and the agency was ripped apart. They don't have that many products and you would be advised to stay away, from someone who was there 5-7 years ago and one of their top agents ;)

It is not a good idea to contract with these folks. They are the typical pie-in-the-sky marketing group who promises leads and then sends you a birthday list to work from. This is the same list Mutual of Omaha will give you for free by contracting with them as an independent. Never pay for or give up commission for a list that you can get for free anyway. Another thing they are well known for is capturing all of your legacy renewals when you contract with them and then if you become unsatisfied with the contract because they do not come through with the "quality" marketing they promise, you will never get you renewal commissions back. They are a scam. They are about capturing renewal commissions from experienced agents and not releasing them back when the agent chooses to relinquish the contract.

I was also recently contacted by the same organization. On the surface it seems attractive, certainly someone giving you 20 pre-set appointments is more than a bit appetizing, however I know there has to more below the surface that I am not seeing nor being shown. I work for a broker now where I pay roughly $350 a month which is $200 for office fee, and $150 for "leads" which generally tend to be mailers and some other crap leads. So it wouldn't be very hard at all to lure me away from that and right now, it feels like a good opportunity. I probably just don't know enough and need more info. Can someone please help me with this.

I was also recently contacted by the same organization. On the surface it seems attractive, certainly someone giving you 20 pre-set appointments is more than a bit appetizing, however I know there has to more below the surface that I am not seeing nor being shown. I work for a broker now where I pay roughly $350 a month which is $200 for office fee, and $150 for "leads" which generally tend to be mailers and some other crap leads. So it wouldn't be very hard at all to lure me away from that and right now, it feels like a good opportunity. I probably just don't know enough and need more info. Can someone please help me with this.

First, I do not know anything about United Insurance Group Agency, Inc. However, most agents that have leads supplied to them are also giving up a chunk of their commission and they would be better off buying the leads themselves and getting the higher commission.

You may very well be in that type of situation right now. Have you called around to compare commission levels and benefits? You can give us a call to get a good idea if you like.

United Insurance Group DOES NOT RELEASE. We are dealing with a new career agent that has a life contract with them. She never wrote a policy but needs a release because of the carrier rules. She is getting run around with district and regional managers. I asked my contact at the carrier to give me a couple of names at corporate and they do not return calls.

This agent wants to do medicare with their agency and life with us and they still will not work with her. If anyone has any suggestions we are trying to help this young lady out. We provide free direct mail leads, draw, CRM, and benefits. It is truly a career opportunity and we only use 3 carriers so its not a brokerage situation where she could write something else and terminate the contract.

United Insurance Group DOES NOT RELEASE. We are dealing with a new career agent that has a life contract with them. She never wrote a policy but needs a release because of the carrier rules. She is getting run around with district and regional managers. I asked my contact at the carrier to give me a couple of names at corporate and they do not return calls.

This agent wants to do medicare with their agency and life with us and they still will not work with her. If anyone has any suggestions we are trying to help this young lady out. We provide free direct mail leads, draw, CRM, and benefits. It is truly a career opportunity and we only use 3 carriers so its not a brokerage situation where she could write something else and terminate the contract.

This sounds like an absolute nightmare!!

Back