Working Walmart this Year - Cost to Agent $500.00?

I can't find anything on Tranzac, Transact, Transac or Direct Health. Like a ghost co. How are they going to pull this off in 90 days? Who are the carriers? These are CMS events so they need about a million approvals for each agent, each day, each location, each carrier. Could be another silverscripts.

I was told by a marketing company IMO that you just need to have the appointments with the different medicare companies. MA, MAPD, PDP, and Med supp plans. If you are appointed through them that would be even better. You can sell any plan.
Also heard one company have the exclusive contract this year with Walmart. not sure how true that is.
The cost is $500 per location.

These deals are always a lot of chaos. I worked a booth in a Grocery store several years ago. for CIP. I had about 5 different people telling me where to go and what to do. It was a mess, and this was on a very small scale. I did end up making money.

The next year, I shared a store with another agent for UHC (they now owned CIP). A lot of days sitting there doing nothing. Made some money the last few weeks.

Last year (2013 AEP), UHC tells me they want me to work a store again but I MUST have all certifications done by 7/15, which I did. Then, at the last minute, they said, never mind, we are not going to have any kiosks this year.

So now we have this Walmart deal. It sounds interesting, but the logistics sound pretty crazy. Many FMO, working with one main mother ship requiring agents to contract and certify with multiple carriers and then co-ordinate the schedules of agents all over the US in over 4,000 stores. This is all going to be sorted out and running smoothly in less than 90 days from now.

Then you have the pay to play ingredient. How many agents are going to agree to paying the $500 on top of all the other rules and restrictions.

Should be interesting.

I know a couple agents who are willing to pay the $500 in hopes of building up their senior market share. So now they're waiting to hear their luck of the draw.

I guess I'm gonna jump on the $500 kiosk. Walmart done this 6 years ago & it didn't worked @ that time I didn't pay the $500. Let's see how this round play out.

When you throw in the idea that any MA plans sold during this time might not be paid commission on until after 01/01/2015, makes it sounds like a much worse deal. I have sold some med sup plans in the past by working a kiosk, but mostly MA plans.

I received an email from my FMO in regards to working a Walmart this year.

Has anyone else has heard the same. More information?

"We would like to announce a new marketing alliance with Tranzac(Direct Health) whom Walmart has chosen to direct all Medicare Advantage and PDP
distribution through their stores. No longer will it be just one company offered as Walmart wants to offer multiple carriers so that their clients can have the best choice in their healthcare.

I called to get more details, and was told the following.

1. Agent will pay $500.00 for the pleasure of working at Walmart

2. Agent will receive a free t -shirt that says Direct Health (really it will cost $500.00)

3. Agent must be certified to offer (3) different companies

4. Kiosk will be tagged and bannered with Direct Health signage

5. Agent must work a min of 15 hours

So, here is my question. Is this going on across the board? Or is this a "deal" my FMO is putting together?

Call me crazy, but I thought CMS prohibited agents from comparing plans?
A Central Indiana FMO also said the fee is $500 to which I said, no thanks.

I talked with gordon marketing and they really have no idea how this shakes out. theres 10 fmo's nationwide who have this deal and many stores could have 3-5 people or more trying to get it. But whoever gets the store has the option to put whoever they want in that store. They acted like it will be a random drawing who gets it. It seems disorganized as crap.

Back