Working Walmart this Year - Cost to Agent $500.00?

I just got an email from Gordon Marketing" You have been guaranteed your Walmart store". I'm appointed with UHC, UA, Humana and Cigna here in Palm Beach County, but after reading these posts, it may be better to decline and spend the $$ on mailers..

I just got an email from Gordon Marketing" You have been guaranteed your Walmart store". I'm appointed with UHC, UA, Humana and Cigna here in Palm Beach County, but after reading these posts, it may be better to decline and spend the $$ on mailers..

The "pot of gold" for working WalMart stores is being able to sell MA's.
In my neck of the woods, there are no MA's. So, if I worked the local WalMart, I could only push Part D and get leads for Med Supp's.
Not going to happen.

i think its a damn shame its so much money.
We put our response in as quick as we could and we lost our store.

Who do you speak with to get permission to work a kiosk? Is it still Directhealth or another carrier? Do I speak to someone at Wal-Mart?

I live in a small town that is just opening a brand new Super Wal-Mart in July. My demographic is probably 80-90% MA and many DSNP. This might be worth looking into. Thanks.

Who do you speak with to get permission to work a kiosk? Is it still Directhealth or another carrier? Do I speak to someone at Wal-Mart?

I live in a small town that is just opening a brand new Super Wal-Mart in July. My demographic is probably 80-90% MA and many DSNP. This might be worth looking into. Thanks.

Yes it is still direct health.

I believe Humana has all the WalMarts all locked up. Do you have a FMO for Humana?

Yes, I'm with Ritter.

----------

Yes it is still direct health.

Thanks. I read somewhere that they work with FMO's who then offer the gig to their agents.
I don't think my FMO ( Ritter) is set-up with them. Might have to do some research.
I'm brand new to Medicare and this might help get some experience under my belt.

I worked a Walmart last year and it was a waste of time.

You have to commit for 20 hrs a week, be appointed with at least 3 companies, pass their certification (which is a repeat of every other course you've already done), wear a uniform, wear a huge ugly name tag, and report everything daily.

I took the booth down and gave it to the pharmacy manager as soon as I did all of my CMS scheduled days because I wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding about me not going back. Got a nasty gram saying that I would be banned from ever working a Walmart again. Oh well...

If you want to share the time with another agent, the other agent has to be certified by Walmart too. You can't just send any agent you want to cover you.

Back