Would Like to Start As an Independent Selling Med Sups

cynthia

I would like to return to the Insurance industry selling med sups, major medical, and final expense. I plan on doing mail outs, and I will probably join SMS and Health Choice One. Aside from doing mail outs for med sups and final expense, what other marketing techniques should I consider? Any other good FMOs in California?
Thank you for your help!

I would like to return to the Insurance industry selling med sups, major medical, and final expense. I plan on doing mail outs, and I will probably join SMS and Health Choice One. Aside from doing mail outs for med sups and final expense, what other marketing techniques should I consider? Any other good FMOs in California?
Thank you for your help!

I sell Final Expense full time. But, I hear from many that it is good to sell Med Supps and then cross-sell FE. So, many would say that you are on a good track.

Lots of agents on here suggest Frank Stastny's training for Med Supps.

Just curious, since you said that you are returning to this field, what did you sell before?

Best of luck!

Thank you for your help!

I think you are going to find sending out mailers for Med Supps is not going to be the most effective way to market them.

If you would like to give me a call I can share my experiences. I'm also an FMO.

Good luck. I have agents that work alot of the turning 65 leads. If you are the first one to get to them you can do pretty well.

Good luck. I have agents that work alot of the turning 65 leads. If you are the first one to get to them you can do pretty well.

I have not found that to be the case or work very well. In fact I have not discovered any kind of "lead" that I felt was worth what they cost.

I target people between the ages of 67 to 78. Much easier to sell to them.

Just wrote one this morning. MoO plan F effective August 1st, 2010. I should get paid on it by Labor Day.:skeptical:

Just wrote one this morning. MoO plan F effective August 1st, 2010. I should get paid on it by Labor Day.:skeptical:

When you start writing at least five of those a week that stay on the books let me know. I have found it very tough to do with people turning 65 regardless if one is the first or tenth agent to contact them.

In fact, it is probably best if the agent isn't the first to contact them.

Back