Writing United and Commisions

AgentOrange

Super Genius
1000 Post Club
Hey ... I'm in my second year guys and I write a lot (10 to 20 aps a week) but I'm not getting full commision for United (my favorite carrier). What FMOs offer the highest commisions and renewals for United ??? and can i have a contract with any FMO in the country and still write in the northeast ?

Hey ... I'm in my second year guys and I write a lot (10 to 20 aps a week) but I'm not getting full commision for United (my favorite carrier). What FMOs offer the highest commisions and renewals for United ??? and can i have a contract with any FMO in the country and still write in the northeast ?

Which United are you writing for? United Healthcare?

If your referring to united world the answer I got about switching was you have to not write any business with united for a year before you can change. You can change with your FMO's permission but I doubt if you would get it since they would be giving up about a 1000 apps in the next year.

I assume you are talking about Medicare Advantage plans. If not, disregard the following. I think most FMO's are paying about $400 for the SecureHorizon's plans. I'm not sure if you can contract direct with the carrier for MA plans. Also, they (United) may require that your current FMO release you to be able to contract with another FMO. Which your current FMO may not be willing to do.

Just out of curiosity, what are you getting paid now and what are you doing to write 10-20 apps per week? Meaning, is your current FMO providing any lead support or appointment setting? If not, you may very well be better off elsewhere if you make much less than $400 per enrollment.

I'm writing United HealthCare ... I don't use thier leads (they're garbage) and I don't even get half of $400 and no renewals. I just need to know which fmo I can work with or contact.

I don't even get half of $400 and no renewals.

Dude, you might as well sell encyclopedias...no renewals?

I use Ritter Insurance Marketing (www.ritterim.com) for my United Healthcare contract...$400 ended 4/1 and they are now back to $330 I believe. However, United does not have a good renewal, regardless of the FMO. I believe it is 5%...but if you are writing 10-20 a week.
Personally I think their products are the worst out there and so I don't write them anyway.

Perfect Choice, I disagree, secure horizons has a great network in NJ and outstanding formulary (the best formulary in the country as a matter of fact) I sold Unicare, had problems with getting members active, sold Aetna and had problems with PDPs too... in Philly I sold American progressive with good success. Now with the L-OEP I write mainly SNPs anyway ...

Indiana, thanks for the sympathy, not! I buy lists and cold call all day long then work at least 12 appointments a day 3 days a week.

Perfect Choice, I disagree, secure horizons has a great network in NJ and outstanding formulary (the best formulary in the country as a matter of fact) I sold Unicare, had problems with getting members active, sold Aetna and had problems with PDPs too... in Philly I sold American progressive with good success. Now with the L-OEP I write mainly SNPs anyway ...

Indiana, thanks for the sympathy, not! I buy lists and cold call all day long then work at least 12 appointments a day 3 days a week.

Damn, You are working "at least 12 appointments a day..."!

Are they appointments where you actually go in the home and make a presentation?

I've been in the Senior market for around 14 years and I have never been able to make more than four presentations a day. My average appointment takes me one hour and forty-five minutes. When I figure in driving time, that makes for a very long day.

Please tell me what you are doing and how you can run 12 a day. I'm missing something apparently.

I only consider it an "appointment" when I get in the house and can make a presentation.

Thanks

Back