Are You Jealous or Honest?

When you hear stories about agents making big $$ because they're willing to lie their butts off, does it make you angry because of your sense of ethics, or because you don't have the guts to do the same thing?

For me, I think that it's because I'm a nerd at heart and just can't do it, but I have to laugh at the stories that I hear from my clients. I had a gentleman today that was so loaded up with policies that he didn't realize he'd taken out. He said that it was his fault that he didn't check his bank statement frequently.

Some of these agents will have them sign up for a supp, hospital policy, life, any other type of supplemental health that is available at their current age, and collect a commission until the people realize they don't want it, or in the best case, just keep paying.

In almost every case, they tell me that they tried to call the agent to cancel, but couldn't get him on the phone.

makes me mad. 1 gets give us all a bad name. More importantly is the fact I hate seeing people get hurt like that. Others take people to the cleaners and it is wrong.

because i try and do it the correct way and do the client a solid and i am competing with some bozo that lies makes it tougher... makes me want to lie but when i lay my head down at night i dont want god waging his finger at me

because i try and do it the correct way and do the client a solid and i am competing with some bozo that lies makes it tougher... makes me want to lie but when i lay my head down at night i dont want god waging his finger at me

And I don't want Him to say, "Don't make me come down there".

It pisses me off royally but it also helps me sell more policies. I point out the lies the agent told using factual information presented logically so they can understand it.

Selling insurance can be boring, I look for opportunities to discredit the agent who told them the lies. I've got some great lines to accomplish that.

Eh..

No penis envy here

Been down that road

Anyone telling you they make 150K+ a year is working 40-60 hours a week

I prefer the 75-100k salary, take my time, take days off when I want to etc...

I can live pretty good making 1500 a week, and being that my wife is a TV show host.. we do okay

Wanna lose your hair and have a heart attack by 50? Go bust your ass...

I prefer the 7-10 appts a week, 3-5 apps a week production

I'm not gonna work my ass off for some hack manager with a $20 toupee.. F him

I prefer the simply life

I'm the managable mtg pmt, paid off car, 13-15 k in the bank, shooting buckets of balls at the range when I want to kinda guy

Everybody else can kiss my ass

What goes around comes around. My wife lost a kidney to cancer and was off work for a year. Lucky for her she took out a long term disability policy at work. I also now believe in a cancer and critical illness policy and of course DI. It would have been a real hardship if she hadn't had the DI. A lump sum indemnity for cancer would have been nice to offset the medical bills. Personally, I don't care for all those sups but they can come in handy. Hopefully, they won't be used. Most people don't have the cash on hand to weather a storm. We could have made it without the DI but it would have cut into our retirement plans. Be careful about knocking what someone else is selling until you find yourself in the position of needing it. FE is expensive but if a person never bothered to plan ahead, then they need to have it.

Eh..

No penis envy here

Been down that road

I can live pretty good making 1500 a week, and being that my wife is a TV show host.. we do okay

I prefer the simply life

I'm the managable mtg pmt, paid off car, 13-15 k in the bank, shooting buckets of balls at the range when I want to kinda guy

There is only one thing in life that is truly important and it isn't money.

Quality of life is what everyone should strive for. Money does not bring quality of life unless someone gives it to you.

I got into insurance to bring more quality to my life. I had a real job before selling insurance where I made a really good money but didn't have time to enjoy it. It took a few years to get established but now I both make good money and have time to enjoy it.

God I love this job.

There is only one thing in life that is truly important and it isn't money.

Quality of life is what everyone should strive for. Money does not bring quality of life unless someone gives it to you.

I got into insurance to bring more quality to my life. I had a real job before selling insurance where I made a really good money but didn't have time to enjoy it. It took a few years to get established but now I both make good money and have time to enjoy it.

God I love this job.

Aye laddie

I think whats great about insurance for me since being independant for the last 12 years is that I answer to NOBODY but myself

And if I want to buy something expensive.. I'll work a little harder that month and pay cash for it..

Thats the beauty of this market.. you can make as much as you want

About 5 years ago I knew based off my wifes income, what what I needed to make in order to pay my mortgage and bills and that was around $3000 a mont.. wife buys the food and clothes for the kid

So I usually have 2-3k in disposable income a month that I spend buying vintage guitars as a hobby and travel

It took me about 5 years to really get a grasp on insurance, to hone my selling skills, and what it took for me to make $1500 a week

Sometimes I fall short of my goal but sometimes a client will blow me away and write a check for $165 per month on a comm of 125%

Thats awesome...

Nothing better than driving home knowing you just made $1500 in 30 minutes...

I have a box of choice cuban cigars for just such instances that I fire up when I get back to the office and toss my feet on the desk and lean back in that leather chair...

But yeah.. Theres no better business than insurance.. only wish I had done it earlier in my career

It's good stuff

Last edited:
I agree that I do this my way. I am my own boss, any other boss would have fired me long ago.

My wife has not worked outside the home in about 16 years. Tough at times, But she has been here for the kids. This career allows us to adjust.

As to the slime ball agents. I have called them from the clients home to ask them to explain the lie. And also call the companies to have them explain their agent's lie. FE agents have been the worst of the slime balls.

Eh..

No penis envy here

Been down that road

I prefer the simply life

Last edited:
You name and what you stand for is the most important thing that we sell.

Trust is a very important thing to have with clients.

Back