Your Insurance Office- Converting Database

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Does anyone know how to convert the ybk file to excel so it can be imported into ACT?

Why not just export it as a csv? YIO has that ability.

I did just that years ago before I was able to get YIO to reinstall. Then I went back to it.

Rick

sorry to revive this, is the best way to export to outlook as the button indicates? it doesn't export and just gives a forever hourglass. Wasn't sure if there was a different way.

sorry to revive this, is the best way to export to outlook as the button indicates? it doesn't export and just gives a forever hourglass. Wasn't sure if there was a different way.

Unfortunately, there is no longer any real support for YIO. The only information is from the guide you can download.

I never liked adding my clients to Outlook as it gets too cluttered. SAI doesn't mind because his 6 clients are all family members.

Rick

Unfortunately, there is no longer any real support for YIO. The only information is from the guide you can download. I never liked adding my clients to Outlook as it gets too cluttered. SAI doesn't mind because his 6 clients are all family members. Rick

WTF, did SAI have three more family members turn 65 recently?

Thanks, I'll try that. I didn't realize it could export to CSV.

I have done this - you have to export to CSV. Then when you import to ACT (which is a flat file format), you have to be sure to make the fields correspond to the various field names in ACT to have the import work properly. It was a pain when I did it, but I had a lot of records. Good luck.

I have done this - you have to export to CSV. Then when you import to ACT (which is a flat file format), you have to be sure to make the fields correspond to the various field names in ACT to have the import work properly. It was a pain when I did it, but I had a lot of records. Good luck.

How do you export to CSV? that's what I'm having trouble with. Thanks.

How do you export to CSV? that's what I'm having trouble with. Thanks.

From main menu

Goto mail merge
Locate Clients in Green Box on the right and select All Clients.
Below and to the right of the green box of clients there is a red export data button.

Select file export location and bam you're in business.

Last edited:
Back