Savage's books and Sandler System

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi. I'm just wondering if these 2 books mentioned above will help with closing more deals when it comes to to selling insurance? Do you endorse one more than the other?

Also, are there role playing scenarios similar to Hopkins' books?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I'm just wondering if these 2 books mentioned above will help with closing more deals when it comes to to selling insurance? Do you endorse one more than the other?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know much about Sandler but it seems to be based on solid ideas. Yet Savage, Feldmen, Meisel and a few others you can not go wrong IMHO. Then you have the E-Myth and HPS as mention by another poster all worth checking out.

You should be reading sales books for the same reason pro athletes run drills. Repetition causes habits. Pick up some books and start reading. I'd hone in on books more focusing on actual selling techniques and less on just general motivation like Anthony Robbins.

Imagine you're a coach and your star running back comes to you and say "Listen coach, I really don't see any reason for me to come to practices anymore. How 'bout I just show up on Sunday?" What would you say.

You need constant motivation and reinforcement of key sales methods. I got hammered at an interview once when I was new in my sales career and it was a job I really wanted to get. The first question the manager asked me was to talk about the last sales book I read. Interview was over quickly.

I bought the Sandler System complete audio tape set several years ago.
It had some good techniques that wasn't the same old stuff that has been rehashed for the pass 30 years. Most of it was high pressure tactics.

You should be reading sales books for the same reason pro athletes run drills. Repetition causes habits. Pick up some books and start reading. I'd hone in on books more focusing on actual selling techniques and less on just general motivation like Anthony Robbins.

Imagine you're a coach and your star running back comes to you and say "Listen coach, I really don't see any reason for me to come to practices anymore. How 'bout I just show up on Sunday?" What would you say.

You need constant motivation and reinforcement of key sales methods. I got hammered at an interview once when I was new in my sales career and it was a job I really wanted to get. The first question the manager asked me was to talk about the last sales book I read. Interview was over quickly.

I couldn't agree more which is why I'm posting the question. I don't know which book to buy next and I heard these are good. I wanted an endorsement and I received that from the other 2 members. Thanks guys.

I couldn't agree more which is why I'm posting the question. I don't know which book to buy next and I heard these are good. I wanted an endorsement and I received that from the other 2 members. Thanks guys.

One book at a minimum every two weeks, w/ some material having nothing to do with your field. Buy both and you should be set for a month.

Thanks in advance.

Let me put it this way, go get a damn book and read it. If you need endorsements or justification then don't bother, it aint gonna help ya.

Ps we are talking about spending 10 to 20 dollars on a book, if you need to validate the reasoning then I see no use on spending it to begin with.

Let me put it this way, go get a damn book and read it. If you need endorsements or justification then don't bother, it aint gonna help ya.

Ps we are talking about spending 10 to 20 dollars on a book, if you need to validate the reasoning then I see no use on spending it to begin with.

Very good point. It is important to hear perspectives from other people but it is unwise to rely upon one idea.

Here is the system I used to justify buying a new book.

1) Author's credential
2) Subject Matter
3) What content in the book will help me (insert goal here).
4) Is the book available at the library
If yes- borrow first and buy if warranted.
If no - buy the book used or new.
5) Dedicate a specific time frame everyday to devote to reading.

I used to think about the cost benefit of books until I experienced "analysis paralysis" and had an ephifany.

I spend between $1800-$3200 a quarter on college courses and get a nice $2000 educational incentive from the IRS to make me happy when I complain about the costs of college books.

At a bare minimum $1800/$25 (average book cost) equals 72 books. That will cover me for at least a year depending upon the amount of time it takes me to read. Some people like audio CD's. I don't and prefer to read because that works best for me. I find it useful to buy 2 or 3 books at a time with my favorite site being half.com

I think most people will agree that you have to immerse yourself, but take it one step at a time so you do not feel overloaded.

Go get em....

With all due respect, James, you know NOTHING of my financial disposition presently so DO NOT ASSUME I have 10 to 20 dollars to toss aside for a 1 good liner that I MIGHT just be able to use at the table. Further, these books are not under $20.00. Every man to his own, if you will. You know what's happening in your life financially, as do I know my own.

Latest posts

Back