Forum Sponsored Ads Posted by Sam

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
The most recent post reads as if Sam is offering these leads. Is this the case or has someone else found the holy grail?

The most recent post reads as if Sam is offering these leads. Is this the case or has someone else found the holy grail?

Your right. The ad seems like Sam wrote when you initially look at it. I wonder what the paid advertising guidelines are?

Basically its an ad for IUL appointments even though it doesnt say that.

When an ad says a whole lot but never mentions the product being advertised red flags start to pop up in my mind... especially when it talks about six figure commissions while sitting in your underwear... :1rolleyes:

If you look in the upper-right hand corner, the ad is clearly identified as a sponsored advertorial.

I've always loved these types of ads because they drive more readership as they look more like content.

However, they are known to irk some people as the ads at first glance look more like content than advertising.

If you look in the upper-right hand corner, the ad is clearly identified as a sponsored advertorial.

I've always loved these types of ads because they drive more readership as they look more like content.

However, they are known to irk some people as the ads at first glance look more like content than advertising.

Not on the forum app.

If he can make such an irresistible message to get insurance leads, I wonder why he can't make his pitch to us as irresistible. It must not translate...haha.

If he can make such an irresistible message to get insurance leads, I wonder why he can't make his pitch to us as irresistible. It must not translate...haha.

Agents that I know who have created above average lead sources make WAY more money keeping the leads for themselves vs. selling them to other agents. Just my experience...

And from a marketing standpoint the ad is way too long. Who wants to read all of that?? I felt like it was a Robert Barney or MaxHerr post... LOL

Your right. The ad seems like Sam wrote when you initially look at it. I wonder what the paid advertising guidelines are?

Basically its an ad for IUL appointments even though it doesnt say that.

When an ad says a whole lot but never mentions the product being advertised red flags start to pop up in my mind... especially when it talks about six figure commissions while sitting in your underwear... :1rolleyes:

I believe it was shorts :)

I just wish those ads introduced the guy who is speaking. If it was Sam saying "hey guys this product rocks totally check them out" then that seems normal. But when I think it is Sam posting and he starts out about how Dan Kennedy is is mentor and bla bla the "voice" of the author gets screwed up in my head because it is obviously not Sam "talking" if that makes sense.

Or maybe a compromise like this

Sam: Hey check out this awesome program from Joe Bob. He is a great guy who is well known bla bla...... take it away Joe Bob.

Joe Bob: Thanks Sam it is always nice to work with you, how is the dog? Bla Bla..... I was talking to Dan Kennedy last night about nachos........

I think the advertorial is a great idea but this one needs a little help; for the benefit of the reader and the advertiser.

Or maybe a compromise like this

Sam: Hey check out this awesome program from Joe Bob. He is a great guy who is well known bla bla...... take it away Joe Bob.

Joe Bob: Thanks Sam it is always nice to work with you, how is the dog? Bla Bla..... I was talking to Dan Kennedy last night about nachos........

I think the advertorial is a great idea but this one needs a little help; for the benefit of the reader and the advertiser.

Yeah but that would be Sam endorsing a product/program vs. a paid ad... and the thread in question was a paid ad.

I do not think that Sam is actually personally endorsing the use of that program. If he was he would probably start a separate thread about it and link back to the paid ad.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was thinking that by including the flag that says that it is an advertisement, it would be more clear, but based on these comments, we will use a new account and not mine, to make these posts, so it is more clear.

We do have some strong standards of what companies we allow to advertise here, but that was not meant to be read as me personally saying that xyz is what I have done

Back