Need Your Feedback On Website Features & Functions (Technical Factors Only)

JustinB

Within the next few months we are going to be making some exciting website enhancements that will improve website performance, freshen up the design and improve the overall usability of the site.

The major part of this enhancement will be the converting our forum software from the current VBulletin software over to a newer software called Xenforo.

Xenforo was developed by former VBulletin engineers as a way to address many of the shortcomings of the forum software and to ensure that the software continues to be updated as necessary to keep users safe & secure – so we are very excited to be able to upgrade the site to this newer, more powerful platform.

This software upgrade will address a number of feature requests from users over the past couple years, including the transition to a fully responsive website optimized for BOTH mobile and desktop users - which will allow for much easier site usability for mobile users.

So, this is where I need the help of the community.

I will be overseeing this project, and it's very important to me that we use this opportunity to address any of the technical shortcomings you might find with the current website.

Please note, I am not looking for any feedback at this time in regard to moderation, behavior of users, the promotion of offers, etc. If you have any feedback on these specific items, please send those directly to Susan ([email protected]). Any off-topic feedback not related to technical usability or features of the website will be deleted from the thread right away to ensure things don't get derailed.

This is a great opportunity for you to express your thoughts on site features & functionality - your feedback will directly influence a number of features of the new & improved website. Obviously we won't be able to integrate every piece of feedback, but we'll do everything we can to implement as much as possible while keeping the project timeline on track.

So please, reply with your thoughts or ideas on specific website features & functionality that we can address with this website update project.

I will keep this thread updated with progress on the project.

Thanks!

Within the next few months we are going to be making some exciting website enhancements that will improve website performance, freshen up the design and improve the overall usability of the site.

The major part of this enhancement will be the converting our forum software from the current VBulletin software over to a newer software called Xenforo.

Xenforo was developed by former VBulletin engineers as a way to address many of the shortcomings of the forum software and to ensure that the software continues to be updated as necessary to keep users safe & secure – so we are very excited to be able to upgrade the site to this newer, more powerful platform.

This software upgrade will address a number of feature requests from users over the past couple years, including the transition to a fully responsive website optimized for BOTH mobile and desktop users - which will allow for much easier site usability for mobile users.

So, this is where I need the help of the community.

I will be overseeing this project, and it's very important to me that we use this opportunity to address any of the technical shortcomings you might find with the current website.

Please note, I am not looking for any feedback at this time in regard to moderation, behavior of users, the promotion of offers, etc. If you have any feedback on these specific items, please send those directly to Susan ([email protected]). Any off-topic feedback not related to technical usability or features of the website will be deleted from the thread right away to ensure things don't get derailed.

This is a great opportunity for you to express your thoughts on site features & functionality - your feedback will directly influence a number of features of the new & improved website. Obviously we won't be able to integrate every piece of feedback, but we'll do everything we can to implement as much as possible while keeping the project timeline on track.

So please, reply with your thoughts or ideas on specific website features & functionality that we can address with this website update project.

I will keep this thread updated with progress on the project.

Thanks!

Is there anyway to pick which Smilies show up when we make a post? The lineup keeps rotating and it would be nice to not have to click on [More] to find my favorites. :err:

I'd love to have the ability to pick which forums show up in the 'Unread Posts' button, or even better, the ability to pin certain forums at the top of the unread posts display.

Dan

Latest posts

Back