Best ChromeBook Battery Life?

Use an ipad and then get portable power supply?

My site isn't iPad friendly yet. I also like the idea of folks being able to demo the product the same way it would work on their desktop.

I have a similar model. Got it a little over a year ago. Brand new I might have had 4 - 5 hours, now it is more like 2 - 3. If you let it sleep vs. shutting down you might get 8 but when you fire it up you will be lucky to get 45 minutes after a sleeping all night.

First off, if you are going the show, you should have 2 laptops available. At least.

For power, go to the auto parts store and buy one of those 'jump packs' that have the 110 volt outlet on it. Make sure it will run the laptop(s). It will give you more than enough power for the day when combined with the internal battery.

Anything that claims 8.5 hours of runtime will be at the lowest screen brightness, which won't work for you. You'll have to get past that pretty quickly.

Next, think about what they will charge you for internet access. If you are thinking cell phone or wireless, be careful. At any conference of decent size, these get swamped and will likely be very slow, spotty, non-functional.

An alternative to this is to have a canned-demo on the laptop and not worry about connectivity. You should have this anyway, pick a few areas, load the data onto the laptop and have a way to use that, as a backup.

Dan

Latest posts

Back