Insurance Apps on Ipad

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I keep getting asked about which software I like best on the iPad to do insurance applications.

The program is called Form Tools. I think it costs around $5

I've tried them all. Here is why I like Form Tools best.

1. It works with any application that you can scan into PDF. In other words ALL of them.

2. It's quick and easy to set up your forms once you familiarize yourself with it. ANYONE can do it. It's not complicated.

3. Once your forms are set up, you use them over and over.

4. When you fill out the application, each field that requires the same info will fill in. So when you type in the name on the first page, it will also fill in the name on the HIPPA page, and the check draft page and the replacement page, etc. Same with address and all the redundant fields.

5 when you tab to the next field, it knows which keyboard you need. If the field is a phone field your NUMBER keyboard pops up. If it is a Name field your STANDARD keyboard pops up, etc.

6. When you snap a photo of the voided check you import it into the proper area on the application. The spot where you used to "tape" the voided check before faxing it now becomes a photo field in the exact shape of a check. It works easy and perfect.

7. When you are ready for signatures, you just tap an icon and the client signs rign in the same spot as the paper form. I use a stylus pen but you actually could just use your finger.
I like that the signatures are not movable. It's just like paper. With other iPad apps the signatures can be added anywhere which in my opinion would void the contract because they are NOT really signing the agreement.
When you are all done you can email it as an unchangeable PDF to yourself and tobthe applicant. You can fax or email it to the insurance company without ever printing it out. It's paperless if you want to be.

It's pretty close to perfect.

Which companies do you use that allow you to do this?

I know sooner or later they will all allow it.

Which companies do you use that allow you to do this?

I know sooner or later they will all allow it.

I haven't had any problem with any of them. If they allow signature pads it's the same thing.

If one doesn't want the digital signature you could print everything out once it's completed and have them sign on paper but that is more diffucult if you aren't meeting them at your office.

I'd love to see the same thing available for either windows or (better yet) webos.

For windows laptops a signature pad could easily be used.

Rick

I'd love to see the same thing available for either windows or (better yet) webos.

Rick

I'm sure there are programs like that for Windows. It's a huge time saver too.

Rick

I remember "Form Tools" from way-back-when"
If I remember correctly it was a dos program...and seems like I seem it in the real inexpensive $9.95 shelves in an Office Depot about 2-3 years ago....but could be wrong.

My Dad used it and loved it before he passed...back in 2001

seemed to be a great, easy to use program

Rick

Is I-Pad the only tablet that supports this technology? I'd hate to drop 600 bucks just for this, but 3 or 4 hundred could persuade me. Connecting a signature pad to a netbook or laptop just seems like too much, plus the power up issues...

Is I-Pad the only tablet that supports this technology? I'd hate to drop 600 bucks just for this, but 3 or 4 hundred could persuade me. Connecting a signature pad to a netbook or laptop just seems like too much, plus the power up issues...

I would think that Android would as well. Possibly better. Can Android have several programs open at once? That would be a huge plus.

Would be interested in knowing if android offers such a thing. This sounds like a program I used in the past called omni-form filler (that was 16 years ago).

Back