Intergrating CRM with Dialer Using API

torri

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
GA
Is it possible to incorporate CRM with dialer using API if so how? or will CRM company or Dialer company assist in setting this up? if so who?

Yes it is possible.

Many companies will do it.

The specifics can be fairly simple all the way through super complicated.

You can do it for almost nothing or for a fortune.

The answer may seem vague, but the question was. If you have an existing CRM such as Sugar and want to be able to click to dial you can install a skype plug-in and it'll work smooth as glass, but that has very limited functionality. On the other end of the spectrum you could have five9 integrate with salesforce and spend as much as a new honda goes for.

Do you have an existing CRM and/or dialer? What are you looking to get the system to do?

Yes it is possible.

Many companies will do it.

The specifics can be fairly simple all the way through super complicated.

You can do it for almost nothing or for a fortune.

The answer may seem vague, but the question was. If you have an existing CRM such as Sugar and want to be able to click to dial you can install a skype plug-in and it'll work smooth as glass, but that has very limited functionality. On the other end of the spectrum you could have five9 integrate with salesforce and spend as much as a new honda goes for.

Do you have an existing CRM and/or dialer? What are you looking to get the system to do?

Yes, currently using Zoho CRM. can it be do without assistance from CRM or Dialer customer service?

Yes, currently using Zoho CRM. can it be do without assistance from CRM or Dialer customer service?

I'm not familiar enough with their API (presuming they have one) to know what all would be involved, but if you want to have it linked with a dialer odds are it's going to take a good chunk of coin to pay programmers to do it. Usually something like this is cost prohibitive for individual or small users.

Zoho has a telephony bridge that will integrate with some PBX systems. It appears to be reasonably affordable. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it really does. Zoho isn't the best at describing what certain things are, this is one of them.

Zoho PhoneBridge | Online Help - Zoho CRM

Apparantly, it adds $6 a month per user to the cost. Not bad...
Zoho CRM - Editions & Pricing (phonebridge is near the bottom).

Dan

This does require an existing PBX to tie into, such as an asterisk box or Avaya.

Yes.
At least I assume so.

My guess is what the bridge does is allows you to track the calls inside of the crm, but it doesn't really do much call processing on its own. I know with zoho, if you use skype or google voice, it will cause the call to happen on the click, but there is no call logging. With this feature, I'd have to guess that it would open a call dialog box so you can enter comments and log the actual call itself. Well worth it if you do a volume of calls.

Beyond that, I have no idea how the bridge actually works or what it does, and I'm not convinced on this piece.

Dan

This does require an existing PBX to tie into, such as an asterisk box or Avaya.

If its just a couple users you can do a virtualized instance on a computer with like 500 megs of ram and have it run asterisknow or one of the other open source asterisks, and it'll run just fine out of the virtual instance. Don't even really need a server.

Torri...this questions gets asked a lot given how many stand-alone CRMs are out there. Many dialers can do this...some charge for this service and the expense can be too much of a burden for the individual requesting it. Other dialers lack the ability to do it because they're actually reselling someone else's dialer. And some do it for free as a value-added service. Call a around and I hope you find what you're looking for...all good answers here.

Thanks guys. Something like this would greatly improve efficiency.

Back