MacBook Pro Hi-Res Screen

johndf

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is anyone familiar with the upgraded Glossy Hi-Resolution Screen for the 15" Mac Book Pro. If you order it directly from Apple it is $100 upgrade. I know it has more pixels than the regular screen and not as much as the Retina Display model. Has anyone seen this screen and can you tell the difference between this and the Regular Glossy Screen?

I've seen them in-store, for the extra 220 pixels of width and 150 in height you get, it's not worth it. The Retina screen, however, is breathtaking.

FYI, "Full HD" is 1080p, as I'm sure you know. The standard screen is 900P, the upgraded one is 1050p, neither one is HD. Retina is 1800P. Almost all non-Mac laptops around that price carry a traditional 1080p screen these days.

My $0.02, unless for some reason you need a Mac, you can buy a PC "ultrabook" with better specs across the board for less money. Better processor and GFX card, higher res screen, more ram, equivalent harddrive, longer battery life, etc. Just saying...

pfh.

I love my macs and look forward to buying another. I'm typing this on a PC because some of the software I use is only PC available, but I really enjoy my macs (macbook pro, one 13" and one 15"). The PC I'm on has way better specs than my most recent mac, but it's a much more pleasant experience. The OS is just a better interface IMO.

Thanks for the input. I realize that some PC's do have better specs than Mac's but I am somewhat spoiled by my mac. I have been a Mac user for over 13 years and like the integration between the iphone, ipad, icloud and mac book. Also with the Mac I can have PC capabilities, so in essence I have 2 platforms on 1 computer. I also do not have to worry about the amount of viruses available on PC's. I realize there is a difference between the price point of a Mac and PC and I am not trying to sell anyone on changing, its just a matter of personal preference.

I don't ever even try to convert anyone. When they ask me for my input, I advise them to get whatever it is they told me they wanted in the first place.

If you want to spend more money, on an inferior product because you're more comfortable with it, go for it.

If you want to lease services, games, music, and video from Apple instead of owning it, that's up to you.

If you want to pay for their cloud storage while there are less restrictive free services with more storage that works on more devices, be my guest.

Just FYI, Mac's do get viruses. I have no clue where the thought that they don't comes from, but they just plain do.. "Safer" than PC, maybe. Immune? No chance. "Safer" than Linux? Not by a long shot.

If you're just doing it for the interface, you can easily skin Windows or Linux to look and function exactly like Mac. Mac Theme for Windows 7

Back