What is the Best CRM for an Individual?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
In looking at a lot of CRMs it seems very few of them are made for an individual. Insightly, Nutshell, SalesForce, and others are geared towards agencies/larger companies vs a one or two person shop.

Radius does a pretty good job for an individual? YIO was pretty good for Medicare agents, but it was desktop based and is no longer supported.

Do a lot of people still use ACT?

I chose Agency Software, Inc. The software is made for insurance agents and included Acord applications and the ability to merge with company data.

----------

Actually, there were many useful and necessary perks to this choice compared to non industry specific database software.

In looking at a lot of CRMs it seems very few of them are made for an individual. Insightly, Nutshell, SalesForce, and others are geared towards agencies/larger companies vs a one or two person shop.

Radius does a pretty good job for an individual? YIO was pretty good for Medicare agents, but it was desktop based and is no longer supported.

Salesforce is the best CRM hands down.. We have a product on Salesforce called TechCanary. It is the number #1 insurance solution on Salesforce and with our Program you get a Salesforce Licenses. If you want to learn more feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Salesforce is the best CRM hands down.. We have a product on Salesforce called TechCanary. It is the number #1 insurance solution on Salesforce and with our Program you get a Salesforce Licenses. If you want to learn more feel free to contact me at [email protected]

You're joking, right? Salesforce by design is complicated and difficult for an individual agent to use.

You're joking, right? Salesforce by design is complicated and difficult for an individual agent to use.

Lets not talk bad about companies here. However, I can see where an individual can get overwhlemed. Salesforce isn't complicated once you get used to it. Once you get it all set up it can really grow with you as a company.

Lets not talk bad about companies here. There is a reason they are a billion dollar company. Salesforce isn't complicated once you get used to it. Once you get it all set up it can really grow with you as a company.

The whole point about this thread is Salesforce and every other iteration going after that space is going after multi-users and enterprise level functionality, which hands down they're great at, but for an individual it shouldn't be complicated or take "getting used to".

Salesforce isn't a billion dollar company, they're a $50.39 billion company. The reason why they are that big is because they designed their products for enterprise clients and charge them a fortune. Yes, it helps companies grow, but it's pretty much the worst imaginable interface for an individual.

The whole point about this thread is Salesforce and every other iteration going after that space is going after multi-users and enterprise level functionality, which hands down they're great at, but for an individual it shouldn't be complicated or take "getting used to".

Salesforce isn' a billion dollar company, they're a $50.39 billion company. The reason why they are that big is because they designed their products for enterprise clients and charge them a fortune. Yes, it helps companies grow, but it's pretty much the worst imaginable interface for an individual.

I understand where you are coming from. Like my edited post said.. I understand how it can be overwhelming. I assumed by me saying billion dollar company you understood it could be more then 1 billion. Nevertheless, there is always pain in growing.

It sounds like you have Salesforce or have had it. If you still have a licenses I would be willing to help you wherever you needed it for free. The beauty of Salesforce is that it is so customizable that it can work with an enterprise or a start up. It grows with you as a company.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from. Like my edited post said.. I understand how it can be overwhelming. I assumed by me saying billion dollar company you understood it could be more then 1 billion. Nevertheless, there is always pain in growing.

It sounds like you have Salesforce or have had it. If you still have a licenses I would be will to help you wherever you needed it for free. The beauty of Salesforce is that it is so customizable that it can work with an enterprise or a start up. It grows with you as a company.

You seem like a nice enough guy, let's go back to my original question:

Salesforce is out of that race. Battle is over and they already lost. For an agent that's working lead cards, networking, does trade shows/groups, etc, I don't think there is a CRM that's particularly good for them. I think most of them are using spreadsheets and the like.

Any other CRMs for the individual that aren't complicated or overwhelming with little to no learning curve?

What are you looking to do with the "CRM"?
Does it need to be a hosted product?
Or can it run on a local machine?

I use Act4Advisors. The add on for ACT! is specifically for insurance agents & financial professionals. I can track multiple policies per household and set reminders, meetings, etc. It synchronizes with Outlook, which was a plus for me - since I utilize the Outlook calendar and synch that with my phone.

It works well for me. It's fairly simple & houses a lot of information depending on how you use it.

Back