Telemarketing offer to me

The Rabbi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Today I get a call from Aslam in Bombay India - really. It seems they are making appts for Medicare and have offered to give me phone appts for $7 to start. They don't take credit cards. They want the first week up front and then will bill after the week.

I got bit once already by a TM and I said not to buy from a cold caller. He found me here I believe.

Anyone else hear from him?
:cool:

How the e-mail starts...
"Hello Mr. Hix,

My name is aslam, I got your contact info from insurance-forums.

We run a telemarketing company in bombay, india."

Today I get a call from Aslam in Bombay India - really. It seems they are making appts for Medicare and have offered to give me phone appts for $7 to start. They don't take credit cards. They want the first week up front and then will bill after the week.

I got bit once already by a TM and I said not to buy from a cold caller. He found me here I believe.

Anyone else hear from him?
:cool:

Where do I sign up!!! You can't be that stupid? Can you?

Just got the phone with him! I told him that I'm extremely uncomfortable with having a telemarketer set appointments for me in the Medicare market. Since they get paid by the amount of appointments set, I see it as a chance for abuse and mis-statements that could cost me my license. I also told him that seniors a) have a hard time understanding people with foreign accents and 2) will probably wonder why I'm using workers from a foreign country instead of the US. Thanks, but no thanks.

I just want phone appts. It beats the Internet leads if it works. No threat to my license. As far as using overseas company, I've been screwed by every American company involved in this lead business.

Does it mean he saw the youtube video (of the telemarketer from India) as well? Now, that was funny!

Back