roadrunner

Super Genius
Unofficial:

Heard that the players will be

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
Cigna
Humana
Federal co-op

again, this in unofficial.... also heard that there will be at least one carrier in every county. :cool:

Unofficial:

Heard that the players will be

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
Cigna
Humana
Federal co-op

again, this in unofficial.... also heard that there will be at least one carrier in every county. :cool:

From what I've heard the availability of carriers on the exchange is going to be determined by what county the prospect lives in. The large cities will have more choices vs. the rural counties.

FYI...forum member "ValuePenguin" has added Tennessee to his growing 2014 Exchange quoting platform.

Ref: ValuePenguin | Insurance, Decisions, Value

I don't see Blue Cross in his Tennessee list, however. Don't know if it's an unintentional omission, or if ValuePenguin knows something that the news media doesn't...which is a real possibility.

-ac

If you read the value penguin post. He stated he is adding information as it becomes available. I wouldn't look for blue to roll out TN until around the 20th. Just a feeling.

I went to TN DOI today all links for rate filings are disabled except for delta dental and one other dental plan. I am guessing they are still tweaking.
I do know the federal/state co op is only going to be in 5 regions. They are not playing in Chattanooga as that isBCBS home. A little surprised they weren't going to be in every county. As they are a non profit.
TN has been very tight lipped
You have to dig for info. It is ridiculous

----------

Blue TN will be a BIG player... " Back Room talk from the hill says they are ready. I have unoffical info.. saying Commissions will be good... and per member, per month, but tweaking. The commissions were to be released this week.. "BUT." Nothing yet.

Humana is paying well in TN 8/4/2 and only on exchange in Knox, Nash and Memp.

Last edited:
Ouch if BCBS is $12.00
Humana is 8%/4%/2%
Cigna - ??????
Community Health Alliance - $29.00 1st person/$15.00 pp 2nd - 3rd child
When you start running quotes and you see 1500.00 a month for a family I want the %. If they are young and single the pp is a better deal.

I am in Nashville BCBS will be strong here, as I think will Humana. Had a conversation with Cigna and they will be a player but not as strong here in the metro area. It will be interesting to see the networks, skinny networks, co pays, etc.
Just because I haven't had insurance doesnt mean I will be jumping for joy to have a $50 co pay to see a Dr. I have never heard of before.

Humana may begin to see a fair amount more of my business if that is the case. Any insight into contracting with community health? I am just north of jackson and haven't heard any real talk of them here. I am hoping Cigna is competitive here.

I don't know what Cigna is paying but their rates don't look good in the Chattanooga market from what I've seen so far. Co-Op isn't in Chattanooga this year, but they have a very strong network in Knoxville, the contracting folks are very good friends of mine, worked with them at a MA plan that has just been sold to Wellcare. BC will beat their rates. Humana is the only plan paying % of premium from what I know so far.

Back