I Got My BC/BS TN Rate Increase Letter Today

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
From $999 per month to approximately $1350 per month for a Silver plan without a subsidy.

Where will we be in 5 years from now with 30%+ pricing increases?

P.S: F*** you, Obama.

My costs went up 35% for my renewal, and I looked at the paper today and it said health insurance costs have gone down 7% 3rd year in a row, MY ASS! I don't know a single person who isn't paying more this year than the prior years. A bunch of propaganda...

I'm on the lowest premium S network plan that BCBST has (B07S) & rates are pushing $1,000 for me, wife & 1 son. I'm old(er) but don't see an economic reason to have anything other than a HDHP. I also don't want to have to shop every individual policy that's on the book. Still, I will check with UHC, Humana, Cigna basically anyone writing individual. Why did you buy Silver? You still have the same out-of-pocket as the HDHP plans and your claims aren't deductible.

BC was the low premium carrier last year and had the largest rate increase. I'm hoping one of the other carriers under prices this year.

I laughed when 1 client wanted to go with Farm Bureau. A quick look at their site showed the contracts are underwritten and still have a pre-ex. I thought underwriting had gone by the wayside. Regardless, he could never pass.

Have seen several clients with similar increases. Looks like there will be a lot of shopping for existing customers as well as new ones. Has anyone figured out BCBS's direct enrollment portal for the marketplace yet? I looked at it and haven't figured it out yet plus I missed the single webinar they did in it.

UHC is killing it for SE TN for me. Plans are significantly lower than BCBS. Smaller network but at a few hundred cheaper a month and most are ok with it.

UHC is killing it for SE TN for me. Plans are significantly lower than BCBS. Smaller network but at a few hundred cheaper a month and most are ok with it.

Have you compared UHC to the BCBST S network? S is ~15% under than P and is sufficient. BC obviously under estimated claims and was low carrier last year.

I've been doing other things but have to get on the stick.

UHC is on exchange for my area as well now and the rates are better in spots than BC, however one of the main groups of docs in town is not in network which is an issue. I knew there would be a catch somewhere.

I have Florida blue, went from $220 to $269 off exchange....hell its not even an available plan as of a few years ago

I just looked at Nashville carriers and it looks like only UHC POS and BCBST network E is less than the B07S plan. I hate it because neither I or my clients with money will take a POS or network E.

I never did like dealing with Golden Rule even before UHC bought them. I'll check the other carriers next week. This part of the business is becoming unimportant to me. A good friend of mine dumped 32 small cases onto the exchange last year. He didn't even bother to get exchange certified this year.

People are now paying more for high deductible medical insurance than house payments or rent.

I just looked at Nashville carriers and it looks like only UHC POS and BCBST network E is less than the B07S plan. I hate it because neither I or my clients with money will take a POS or network E.

I never did like dealing with Golden Rule even before UHC bought them. I'll check the other carriers next week. This part of the business is becoming unimportant to me. A good friend of mine dumped 32 small cases onto the exchange last year. He didn't even bother to get exchange certified this year.

People are now paying more for high deductible medical insurance than house payments or rent.

Change you can believe in.

Back