Medicare Advantage Replacement

Tracywmcknight

I don't write a lot of medicare advantage or supplement. I have an fmo that is hard to reach sometimes. I am writing a medicare supplement and a pdp for a man who has an all inclusive medicare advantage. I am afraid that there is a chance he may be denied coverage by the med supp. Will the pdp then disqualify him from his med advantage plan?

I don't write a lot of medicare advantage or supplement. I have an fmo that is hard to reach sometimes. I am writing a medicare supplement and a pdp for a man who has an all inclusive medicare advantage. I am afraid that there is a chance he may be denied coverage by the med supp. Will the pdp then disqualify him from his med advantage plan?

Yes, the PDP will cancel the MAPD. Why do you think he'll be denied?

He is 82 and takes a medication to guard against strokes.

----------

could I submit the med sup app first and see what happens before I submit the pdp app?

----------

could I submit the med sup app first and see what happens before I submit the pdp app?

Yes, that would be wise. What medication is it? Did you check the RX knockout list for the company you're writing it for..,they all have a list.

----------

Yes, but in all likelihood you won't get an answer until after 12/7. So he'll have to stay with the MAPD for now and then disenroll during the MA Disenrollment period early next year if he is approved for the supp.

Yes, but in all likelihood you won't get an answer until after 12/7. So he'll have to stay with the MAPD for now and then disenroll during the MA Disenrollment period early next year if he is approved for the supp.

Could also pre-qualify with UW or use a company that gives a decision at the end of the POS....but good answer.

Back