New "QHP" Label on Health Insurance Cards.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Excerpt:
"House Bill 1514, which would add a special label to the health insurance cards of people purchasing health plans on the exchange created by the Affordable Care Act, passed the Texas Senate late Tuesday evening.

The bill, which passed the House earlier this month, would apply to more than a million Texans with “qualified health plans” purchased on Healthcare.gov by adding a new label — “QHP” — to their insurance cards. It passed 20-11 and now heads to Gov. Greg Abbott for approval."

Full Story: Texas Health Insurance Card Bill Clears Senate

But they (the legislators) decided to remove the "S" (for Subsidized) label from the new ID Cards. Since subsidized policies are the only ones that have a 90 day grace period, what purpose does the QHP label serve? A lot of non-subsidized plans are Qualified Health Policies, which don't have 90 day grace periods. What's the logic in sporting a QHP label if the "S" isn't allowed?

why?... why you say?.... simple, the good people controlling the Texas house want to do anything they can to cause problems for any and all things ObamaCare.

Also more proof..... the State of Texas requires a document be sent to all HMO clients stating the plan is junk....(or something like that) I get calls weekly about why does this letter state that my plan is limited

Oh..now I understand the reason for their illogical action. U.S. Govt seems to want ObamaCare to fail too..though they don't display it on their sleeve like Texas Govt does. Thanks Tater!

Back