2016 LifeWise Paying ZERO Commissions!!!

I would only like to add to the comment to LGilmore.... If the OP did not get out of the health business or begin to get out by the end of 2010...... I would not hold much credence in what the OP knows or does not know.

Smart money was to get out 4 years ago..... now the OP is just learning an expensive lesson to not hold on to pipe dreams because of lazy business practices.

I swear, Health agents can think that everything will be fine when the Gov't steps in and basically creates monopolies and wine about non cooperation later.....

Skipper

Hey, wanted to make you all aware that for 2016 LifeWise is planning to change their plans dramatically to an HMO network (WA & OR States only).
your opening post.

The 2016 LifeWise network in WA & OR will be the exact same as Premera, yet out of these states there is no coverage (unless medically urgent). It's an ACO network.
Your last post.

So which is it?

The message I received from their brokerage was lifewise was going to be stripped down and premera side was going to be the same. It looks like when you started this post, that's what you were saying. Now you're saying something different.

If you banked your livelihood in WA on health insurance, "individual health insurance", should you be lecturing me?

As I stated all the WA carriers screw up at the executive level around every five years or so. I mean please don't hold that statement to be precision to the T, but it's just a general observation from 28 years doing this stuff.

Do you think this is the first time the executives sh ite in their mess kits in this business?

Cutting agents out of commissions when similar priced plans from other carriers don't, well raise your hand if you know what agents will do?

Me? I plan to move whom I can when the window opens up. Some may stay, most will go.

Cheers. and watch yourself for contradiction in your statements.

I agree that executives make really stupid mistakes every few years.

My statements both have always said the same thing, but just worded it in a slightly confusing manner.

Lifewise will have an HMO/ACO type network for 2016 with coverage only in WA & OR.

I do enjoy debating and hope they fix it all.

NOTE: A source in UHC told me they are going to pay $20/mo per client (and better pricing) and Premera pays $17/mo...so will try to place as much with UHC that makes sense for the client.

Yea just out with the changes between lifewise and premera individual plans. (for those that don't know, basically the same provider)

I am left to wonder if the 0 commission thing is similar to their past attempt to reduce the number of people insured. They (Premera) did this with small group the year prior to the ACA kicking by making only one plan available and designing it so crappy that agents would have been hard pressed to sell it anyway. To top it off, they zero commissioned it.

It's a way legally to reduce the numbers insured, simply to make a product so unattractive that the numbers drop.

Lifewise/premera have been killing it for the past couple years enrollment wise and I am just wondering aloud if it is due to being too successful a product offering. They know agents aren't going to sell lifewise anymore and Premera isn't going to be touched and actually a bonus could be had with premera sales. This is a legal way for them to reduce sales in one area and apparently attempt to increase in another.

This may be a temporary thing to get numbers back in line. Let's hope it's temporary. Cheers.

Back