2016 LifeWise Paying ZERO Commissions!!!

insurance404

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey, wanted to make you all aware that for 2016 LifeWise is planning to change their plans dramatically to an HMO network (WA & OR States only).

The biggest change is the bastards are going to eliminate commissions...nada!

So commissions will be going from $17/mo to $0/mo.

Make sure to call your Premera/LifeWise reps!

We have a meeting with the CEO of LifeWise next week to talk some sense into them...we will not work for free!

Hey, wanted to make you all aware that for 2016 LifeWise is planning to change their plans dramatically to an HMO network (WA & OR States only).

We have a meeting with the CEO of LifeWise next week to talk some sense into them...we will not work for free!

Can't you just drop your contract?

Why would I drop my contract? I have a ton of Premera individual clients...

I'm diversifying as quickly as possible into other lines of insurance...yet have about 1,000 individual health clients, so getting revenue from as many other Life & Disability products as possible.

Just letting people know because it does matter for those of us selling health.

Another carrier bytes the dust....

I'd suggest diversifying and NON-Resident state license. Also, research the other carriers in your area to see if they offer better products. Clearly if that's the case then get your clients with another HC provider. Keep in mind it's what the clients needs are that are most important.

Although....this could all come to a disastrous halt once SCOTUS give's their opinion.

The sky isn't falling, at least yet.......

Tkruger,
First of all I represent all the carriers...but if one does it others will "think about it".

The SCOTUS decision will have ZERO impact in WA State as that decision will only impact states with a Federal Exchange. WA has a State Exchange.

So any update from the CEO meeting? Had LifeWise on a list to research/add for the upcoming season, but we'll pass if there's no commissions.

Premera and LifeWise are the same company.

Premera in 2016 will continue to have a wider network. LifeWise will have a smaller ACO network and thinks it can get away with not paying agents...

There is a small group of agents with a big book that are going to actively start moving clients to other carriers...if they think they can screw us over in the long run they are wrong.

Apparently the CEO has his head in the sand and doesn't really care. Agents are such a large part of their sales force it's a bit crazy to do this.

Premera/lifewise was due for their brain fart in the cycle and this is it. Both the blues in this state and Group Health for that matter run a cycle of every five years or so, of shooting themselves in the foot.

The lifewise one will be a very reduced network. We need to make sure our clients know this. Premera/lifewise do a pretty decent job of keeping secrets about who is and isn't in their networks. The Swedish hospital chain (seattle) was out of contract as a preferred provider in 2014 with them. Not many knew. NOT many clients knew until the bills came.

Pre/life's response was they were "still in the network" but not in the "network". They started calling the law that they must accept billing from any willing provider a "network". Of course it pays and is set up as out of network.

This is why I don't get too deep in health. If it's the feds and the state, it's the insurance carriers that mess things up.

This is why I don't get too deep in health. If it's the feds and the state, it's the insurance carriers that mess things up.

LGilmore,
If you don't know what you are talking about please refrain from commenting..

LifeWise intentionally cut out agent commissions. I have spoke with management and not going into their rational now.

The 2016 LifeWise network in WA & OR will be the exact same as Premera, yet out of these states there is no coverage (unless medically urgent). It's an ACO network.

100% of my clients knew about the restricted 2014 smaller network for Swedish, UW/Harborview before they signed up in 2013.

2016 plans are going to stay similar with most carriers, yet a few changes coming that will be out soon...

Back