WA Health Plan Finder Site

number9

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have not heard from anybody who has successfully submitted an application on this website. Are there any agents who have or know of somebody who has? I know they have enrolled individuals but am curious if those are through paper applications.

I have successfully submitted half a dozen so far, with several more at various stages. The most complicated part we have faced is the subsidy calculation. When it asks for income, most people put in annual and it needs monthly. We go back and correct it, but it is a challenging process.

Another thing we have noticed is that it really isn't intuitive to add a broker to the application. People keep getting lost with that step. I'm going to make a step by step instruction sheet with screen captures to hopefully make it easier.

Overall, the smoothest and fastest entry took us 20 minutes from start to finish. I need to get it closer to 15 per enrollment to keep it flowing and get all my clients taken care of.

Good luck.

Its a bunch of bull and what is scarey is theirs is one of the few that actually works. Just sat through a 1 hour follow up web and there are a lot of questions like billing cycle, issuance, etc and they have "little time" to answer anything. The general answer is call if you have a problem. Whats wrong with that is its a 2 hr wait on the phone line if you dont accidentally get disconnected. Im not a negative guy, cant be in sales but this is crap. What if you write a plan and cant get confirmed it issues before the first of the next month, and your client thinks they have coverage and a claim, your ass is going to be hangin out there in the wind. Better have your E&O paid up. I guess navigators with their publix funding don't have to care about that. This is Govt BS at work in full color. Wait until 2 years from now when everyone is finally enrolled and they conclude they can afford to cut commissions again or eliminate them altogether. Insurance agents simply dont have a loud enough lobbying voice to make sure their concerns are not ignored.

Its a bunch of bull and what is scarey is theirs is one of the few that actually works. Just sat through a 1 hour follow up web and there are a lot of questions like billing cycle, issuance, etc and they have "little time" to answer anything. The general answer is call if you have a problem. Whats wrong with that is its a 2 hr wait on the phone line if you dont accidentally get disconnected. Im not a negative guy, cant be in sales but this is crap. What if you write a plan and cant get confirmed it issues before the first of the next month, and your client thinks they have coverage and a claim, your ass is going to be hangin out there in the wind. Better have your E&O paid up. I guess navigators with their publix funding don't have to care about that. This is Govt BS at work in full color. Wait until 2 years from now when everyone is finally enrolled and they conclude they can afford to cut commissions again or eliminate them altogether. Insurance agents simply dont have a loud enough lobbying voice to make sure their concerns are not ignored.

Thanks for your feedback! Please keep me posted I know I have seen this site down more than up the last couple weeks. The navigators get paid a salary and very little for production. I had Cover Oregon pushing me under the bus. I figure I'm at $5 per hour on this garbage. Thanks again!

the site never seems to work, down all the time. Can't figure on one page they say you get a subsidy and when it comes down to it, it doesn't.

There are so many software screw ups on this one that I am actually beginning to wonder if people so smart can really be that stupid that often.

----------

Just learned the hard way (lost client) that you have to lie about prior coverage to get things to work. You have to answer NO when it comes to prior coverage. Just lost somebody whom I spent 16 hours with plugging in the honest information, to somebody else who spent two minutes deleting a couple answers and it worked fine. She's afraid to make me AOR because she's fearful she'll lose it all. **&^^%&^&***&&^^&**((())UYTYT Fire truck.

Yeah, I finally got through to customer service and 10 out of my applicants all had the same issue. The site asks if anyone has current coverage. It is asked in the current tense, not does the applicant have coverage for January 1st, 2014. This is the hang-up. You must enter no coverage or it will not generate a subsidy.

Looking back, this is such a simple error due to the way the site asks the question. They should have sent out a technical bulletin warning of this long ago.

What a pain in the ass. At least I can correct the apps for the rest of my folks. I hope this does help others who are having a similar issue.

while submitting the application for health insurance on website you have to take care of each terms and conditions because in health insurance their various section were you have to provided detailed information on that if you are unable to provide that field then your application will not process to further steps therefore it shows unsuccessful message to get confirmation you should always fulfill the required mark which are mandatory and also one should take care that not forget to included your present health status in your application which will help you to make your claims process more easier if we provide all information true on your side.

while submitting the application for health insurance on website you have to take care of each terms and conditions because in health insurance their various section were you have to provided detailed information on that if you are unable to provide that field then your application will not process to further steps therefore it shows unsuccessful message to get confirmation you should always fulfill the required mark which are mandatory and also one should take care that not forget to included your present health status in your application which will help you to make your claims process more easier if we provide all information true on your side.

What the heck are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. Troll much?

"while submitting the application for health insurance on website you have to take care of each terms and conditions because in health insurance their various section were you have to provided detailed information on that if you are unable to provide that field then your application will not process to further steps therefore it shows unsuccessful message to get confirmation you should always fulfill the required mark which are mandatory and also one should take care that not forget to included your present health status in your application which will help you to make your claims process more easier if we provide all information true on your side"

I'm sorry what? Yes, you fill in the fields, but to get the dam thing to process "correctly" you must lie about prior coverage as the system asks about current coverage, when it ends 12/31/13, however, the system seems to read that as coverage extending into 2014.

Whomever put the software together did not catch or correct this flaw in the software. Apparently the only way to have a subsidy allocated to the applicant is to lie about prior coverage. Check "no" when it asks about prior/current coverage and it works. Tell the truth, even pointing out cancelling on 12/31 it doesn't work. It's that damn simple.

I don't even care about the politics of this anymore, but the damn software should work correctly, a applicant shouldn't have to lie to the system to make it work as it should. This creates an ethical conflict. Since the exchange does not take phone calls or allow messages or answer emails in a timely manner, an applicant is pushed into lying on the application to get it to work.

Sorry this bothers me a ton. It's wrong and should be corrected. For 25 years lying on an app has been driven into my head as a bad thing. Now I am faced with the only way the application will work is to lie on the app. It's a conflict of ethics...

Back