Websites?

PADA

I have been shopping around and finding that there are huge discrepancies in building a website. I know little to nothing about web building but know I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I am looking to build a nice clean simple to navigate sites for quotes when working with someone on-line. I would appreciate some input from people that have done something along the same lines.

Maybe some links to look at and site builders that can help me build comparative quotes.
Thanks.

Do you mean a quote engine that does the quote work in real time, or do you mean a place where someone can ask you for more information about a product and you respond with a quote that you build?

Sorry, I was cruising around on other sites. I would set it up so that I could do real time quotes and desktop share etc.

Real time quotes and inexpensive don't go together.

Do a search here on the topic because there are a few good threads that talk about the quote engines available for agents and what they cost.

Real time quotes and inexpensive don't go together.

Do a search here on the topic because there are a few good threads that talk about the quote engines available for agents and what they cost.

Okay, will do, what are your thoughts on the best way of doing this business on-line?

90% of the people I work with go to my site just to verify who I am. Personally, I have never gotten much in the way of business from people who come across my site. But then, I've never promoted it for that purpose.

I am currently working a some sites to put people who are shopping together with producers across the country which will require a large promotional budget.

Some of the others here have talked about their sites and some apparently have different degrees of success making money. Maybe one of them will weigh in.

My own view is that the idea of just putting up a site and somehow making money from it is a myth. A really good site with good information helps your credibility and has probably become a necessity these days.

Markin...got your PM and thanks for the link. I tried to respond but they say I must have 20 Posts before I can use that function.

Thanks again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
90% of the people I work with go to my site just to verify who I am. Personally, I have never gotten much in the way of business from people who come across my site. But then, I've never promoted it for that purpose.

I am currently working a some sites to put people who are shopping together with producers across the country which will require a large promotional budget.

Some of the others here have talked about their sites and some apparently have different degrees of success making money. Maybe one of them will weigh in.

My own view is that the idea of just putting up a site and somehow making money from it is a myth. A really good site with good information helps your credibility and has probably become a necessity these days.

I am phasing into the L & H market coming out of the P & C and leaving the Brick & Mortar office...I have not worked the L & H market but see that there are a lot of sights that are doing that business.

I have a customer base but want to work from home now and would like to be able to have a good site where I can get a feel for the other side of the business.

Last edited:
i made my own website...really simple but more than good enough. i get like 3 leads a week from it..

norcaladvanced dot com

cant post links yet. i can probably do the same thing for you for really cheap if you are interested

i made my own website...really simple but more than good enough. i get like 3 leads a week from it..

norcaladvanced dot com

cant post links yet. i can probably do the same thing for you for really cheap if you are interested

norcaladvanced dot com is this the site you are referring to?
Are you able to link it so I can see it?

I have been shopping around and finding that there are huge discrepancies in building a website. I know little to nothing about web building but know I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I am looking to build a nice clean simple to navigate sites for quotes when working with someone on-line. I would appreciate some input from people that have done something along the same lines.

Maybe some links to look at and site builders that can help me build comparative quotes.
Thanks.

Try www.siteground.com If you have never built a web site before, I recommend you use their beginner's tool called Zen Sitebuilder. If you are familiar with Microsoft Word, you will find it easy to do.

Once the stucture of your web site is done, then you can add features such as links to quote engines and desktop sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back