• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid a 2nd commission?

jack3454

Super Genius
Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid the same way as new to medicare MAPD policies? I was told by Humana that med supp polices do not get the “new to medicare” payment like MAPD does, just the percentage of the premium? I could have sworn I got this payment from previous Med Supps. Thanks

Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid the same way as new to medicare MAPD policies? I was told by Humana that med supp polices do not get the “new to medicare” payment like MAPD does, just the percentage of the premium? I could have sworn I got this payment from previous Med Supps. Thanks
only the one commission, then renewals starting in year 2

Humana though, often runs Bonus Programs for medsupps. Where you can earn more money for selling the medsupps.

I wonder why MAPD gets a new to medicare commission but Med Supp doesnt?

That bonus you mentioned is probably why I thought I got the 2nd commission, but it was just the bonus. Thanks for mentioning it.

I wonder why MAPD gets a new to medicare commission but Med Supp doesnt?

That bonus you mentioned is probably why I thought I got the 2nd commission, but it was just the bonus. Thanks for mentioning it.
because MAPD is a government contracted product. The insurance company pays in a "True-up" fashion as part of their reconciliation process

medsupp i a totally private insurance. as a result true-ups are not necessary

If new to Medicare and you write their PDP, you will get the double on the PDP (So, $50 + $50-new).

Also as others mentioned, med supps often have bonuses

The Humana bonus is paid out quarterly. So, that’s probably what you’re thinking about.

Medsupp commissions are pretty straightforward. Except, UHC, they are pro rata advance

Back