• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Kitchen Table Seminars

padthaiforlunch

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok. So, I'm getting ready to do my first mailing. Target market is 50-60 - age and income with home values of ~$180k.

While I suppose I could pull together a ppt presentation and shell out for a gourmet meal. But I think I am better at one-on-one.

Rather than enticing with food, my plan is the find pain on the phone and then visit their home to discuss strategies for protecting their nest egg.

I think I will drop 2,000 pieces, check response rate, tweak if needed and repeat.

Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

Those of you doing seminars: where are you getting your lists? Do you pay extra for DNC scubbed so you can follow up on the phone, or is that a waste of money?

Thanks.

Ok. So, I'm getting ready to do my first mailing. Target market is 50-60 - age and income with home values of ~$180k.

While I suppose I could pull together a ppt presentation and shell out for a gourmet meal. But I think I am better at one-on-one.

Rather than enticing with food, my plan is the find pain on the phone and then visit their home to discuss strategies for protecting their nest egg.

I think I will drop 2,000 pieces, check response rate, tweak if needed and repeat.

Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

Those of you doing seminars: where are you getting your lists? Do you pay extra for DNC scubbed so you can follow up on the phone, or is that a waste of money?

Thanks.

My best response was cold calling seniors turning 70 1/2 and asking if they wanted some free info regarding rules and regulations concerning their IRA. I would also put in some info about annuities LTC and FInal Expense.

4 or 5 business days later I would follow up and make sure they got my packet in the BLUE envelope. I would then try to set the appointment.

Interesting! I didn't know the American Express/Ameriprise "drop your business card in this fish bowl and you can win a free lunch!" was called a "parlor meeting".

Back