progressive snapshot OBD2

Martingale2021

progressive sent me the snapshot device that I need to plug into my car's OBD2 port.
We will go on a road trip and this long drive and sometime at night driving will hurt the data and hike the rate.
can I unplug the snapshot device during the road trip and plug it back when we done?

they claim it will reduce rate if driving habit is good. not sure how they define it at the beginning. only know they track miles driven in a period and if it's too long will hurt rate.
if i unplug and opt out the program will my rate stay unchanged?

If you are a good driver, it will help your rate. Just don't brake hard and floor it at stop lights. The night driving can hurt you some, but it is reflective of your true usage. That is the whole reason for this.

we only had to drive at night last week on the road trip. it's like twice a year stuff. i don't hard brake. so next road trip if i unplug it, will it affect the rate?

Progressive's device only needs to be in the vehicle for 30 days, then you send it back.

they claim it will reduce rate if driving habit is good. not sure how they define it at the beginning. only know they track miles driven in a period and if it's too long will hurt rate.
if i unplug and opt out the program will my rate stay unchanged?

Ask your agent

progressive sent me the snapshot device that I need to plug into my car's OBD2 port.
We will go on a road trip and this long drive and sometime at night driving will hurt the data and hike the rate.
can I unplug the snapshot device during the road trip and plug it back when we done?
Your better off not participating in the program. Why create distrust between you and your insurance agent? Moreover, I believe insurance companies know your driving habits from data collected on a smart phone.

Back