Cold Calling Script For Life Insurance

moff17

Hi All,

I've been following these forum for several months and i say, it has provided me with great information and knowledge by most people here..

And today i'm going to share it with you all what i've been working on and using for my cold calling script.. Feel free to tweak it or comment it..

--------------------------------------------
Script 1
1. Hi My name is ____________
2. Can i speak with ____________ please...
3. I'm sorry to disturb what you are doing right now...... (i'm not using " are you free right now or do you have 5 minutes"... because most people will say No..
4. I'm from _________ and represent a company and product which will benefit you and your family..
5. Reason i'm calling is to see that have you provided retirement/ education / medical coverage / bla bla bla..
6. IF YES.. What type of _______ do you have and have you made any claims so far...What are you looking in for your future...
7. IF NO... well sir...is it _______ or _______ the best time to meet you?

---------------------------------------------------
SCRIPT 2
----------------------------------------------------

1. Hi My name is ___________
3. I'm sorry to disturb what you are doing right now......
4. I'm a financial planner and i help people plan their wealth
5. Mr prospect... have u thought for 5 seconds what will your family do after you are dead? What kind of future and financial situation they will face after you are dead?

OR

Mr Prospect... have you thought for 5 seconds how much money you want to have during your retirement?

6. I can try to help you to plan your financial future..
7. Is it _______ or _________ the best time to meet you?

-----------------------------------------------
SCRIPT 3
------------------------------------------------
4. I'm from __________ and i help people and family like you to create emergency SAVING fund when something really bad happen to you..
5. 7. Is it _______ or _________ the best time to meet you?

SCRIPT 4
4. Mr Prospect.. we haven't met before.. and i have two reasons calling you right now.
5. First is to introduce myself..
6. Second is to share with you about what my company can offer and help you and your family..
7. It's about ___________________...
8. Since this will be a benefit to you in the FUTURE.. when is the best time to see you?
9. WAIT AND SILENCE.....

Keep it up guys.. i really enjoyed learning from you guys..

Thanks..

Drop the "sorry to disturb you". It adds nothing of value. I think these are not very good scripts. Do a search and you can find examples of much better.

Hard to improve greatly on what Josh had to say this thread

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-cold-calling-forum/cold-calling-life-t53177.html

It is directed to Mortgage Protection but can be adapted for any product or need you want to address.

The only point where I would disagree with Josh is asking "How are you today" but we have had that discussion elsewhere on the form and even though I don't like it, I sometimes find myself automatically asking that question when I call.

As Xrac said drop "I'm sorry to disturb what you are doing right now."

Don't use "the reason I am calling". or "Mr Prospect.. we haven't met before.."

If you want my attention when you call, don't fill in a bunch of fluff.. get to the point and get there quickly. Engage me in a conversation from the very beginning..

Last edited:
I'm gonna rip these apart... and then I'll finally give you MY cold-calling scripts for a single product/benefit and a planning result benefit.

Script 1
1. Hi My name is ____________
3. I'm sorry to disturb what you are doing right now...... (i'm not using " are you free right now or do you have 5 minutes"... because most people will say No..
4. I'm from _________ and represent a company and product which will benefit you and your family..
5. Reason i'm calling is to see that have you provided retirement/ education / medical coverage / bla bla bla..
6. IF YES.. What type of _______ do you have and have you made any claims so far...What are you looking in for your future...
7. IF NO... well sir...is it _______ or _______ the best time to meet you?

1. As Xrac said... drop the "sorry to disturb you" crap.

2. Unless you're an independent agent, you should mention the company you represent. If you're an independent, say so... or pick one to say that you represent. Be up front about it. This will help to pre-qualify your appointments because they will know that you represent an INSURANCE company.

3. Line 5 has incorrect use of the English Language... and it's too vague. You must have power in simplicity. Pick ONE benefit and talk it up or ask about it.

4. Keep your questions minimal but emotionally based... not based on facts and data. Why? People won't want to give actual data over the phone to someone they've never met... but they'll talk about their feelings!

---------------------------------------------------
SCRIPT 2
----------------------------------------------------

4. I'm a financial planner and i help people plan their wealth
5. Mr prospect... have u thought for 5 seconds what will your family do after you are dead? What kind of future and financial situation they will face after you are dead?

OR

Mr Prospect... have you thought for 5 seconds how much money you want to have during your retirement?

6. I can try to help you to plan your financial future..
7. Is it _______ or _________ the best time to meet you?

Line #4 - Who cares? No one. Pick a benefit and run with it. You can't cold-call very easily about BEING a planner. But you can either cold-call about the BENEFITS of planning... or the benefits of a PRODUCT. Pick one and run with it.

Line #5 - why are you insulting your prospects with this crap: "have u thought for 5 seconds". How would YOU feel if some jerk asked you this?

Just terrible. You can do better.

-----------------------------------------------
SCRIPT 3
4. I'm from __________ and i help people and family like you to create emergency SAVING fund when something really bad happen to you..
5. 7. Is it _______ or _________ the best time to meet you?

#4 is a little better. You're talking about benefits in a more powerful way. But we can do better than that.

#5 - Drop the "this time" or "that time" bull. You're cold-calling... so you're not THAT busy. Just ask if mornings or afternoons are best to meet.

SCRIPT 4
4. Mr Prospect.. we haven't met before.. and i have two reasons calling you right now.
5. First is to introduce myself..
6. Second is to share with you about what my company can offer and help you and your family..
7. It's about ___________________...
8. Since this will be a benefit to you in the FUTURE.. when is the best time to see you?
9. WAIT AND SILENCE.....

#5 - Did you introduce yourself? A proper introduction is done in person, not really by phone.
#6 - They don't care about your company's offerings. It's about benefits.
#8 - Why is this a 'future benefit'? Having a policy brings peace of mind TODAY.

Now, I won't leave you in the dark. Here's my 'recipe' for a cold-calling script:

I'm DHK - the local (company) agent here in (city). Do you have a quick minute to talk? (It's either a 'yes', 'no' or 'what's this about?'.)

I'm calling to ask you a simple question:

Do you have the type of insurance that would pay off your mortgage for your family if something were to happen to you or your spouse?

or

Do you have the type of insurance that would replace your income for your family if something were to happen to you?

May I ask how you feel about that?

Do you think this kind of program might be useful for your situation?

How do you mean?

Do you think it might be worth getting together for about 15 minutes to talk about it and see what you can do about it?

That was a 'product benefit' script and a little discussion about how they FEEL about their situation..

But since you described yourself as being a 'financial planner', here's another one for you:

I'm DHK - the local (company) agent here in (city). Do you have a quick minute to talk? (It's either a 'yes', 'no' or 'what's this about?'.)

I'm calling to ask you a simple question:

If I could show you how to:
- reduce or eliminate your debts
- fund your children’s education
- get all the life insurance you need to protect your family and
- have the retirement of your dreams,
without you
- taking additional money out of your pocket or sacrificing your life style,
would it be worth sitting down and talking about?

Now since I know you don’t know me from Adam, I recommend that we get together for just 15 minutes and I can give you a PREVIEW of the kind of work I do. I’ll only take 15 minutes. I get to meet you, you get to meet me… and we can then both decide if it makes sense for us to move forward together. How does that sound?

These are powerful scripts because they are simple and direct. You aren't messing around on the phone and you are very clear as to what you offer.

Of course, to do this, you'll have to actually have a plan for the "15 minute preview". For the cheap method, sign up for the Virtual Assistant for free for 30 days and get the Priority Approach PDF for your market. If you have the money, get the Cotton Client Acquisition System for about $2,000.

Priority Approaches

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BTW, if you want to know how to actually DO that kind of planning to promise improvement in all those areas, go here:

Cutting-Edge Life Insurance Marketing, Prospecting & Sales Training

I have no affiliation except that I believe in their processes and strategies.

Last edited:
Glad that Rousemark and DHK agree with me because I actually think your 4 scripts are all pretty bad. DHK is pretty good and I do like what Josh used referenced by Rousemark.

Last edited:
Glad that Rousemark and DHK agree with me because I actually think your 4 scriots are all pretty bad. DHK is pretty good and I do like what Josh used referenced by Rousemark.

How could we not agree with you? You may not always be right but you are never wrong.. :biggrin:

Wow DHK, Rousemark, Xrac thank you for your comment and also the script (thanks DHK) .. i never realize that my script was that bad.. hahaha..

i really appreciate help from you guys..

p/S: sorry my English wasn't so great

Wow DHK, Rousemark, Xrac thank you for your comment and also the script (thanks DHK) .. i never realize that my script was that bad.. hahaha..

My friend, your English is much better than some who post here.. And your manners certainly put those posters to shame. Good luck with your career. :)

Last edited:

With your attitude you will succeed. Always be a learner.

Back