A Great P and C Prospecting Idea

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I saw an idea that a local P and C agent was doing at the car wash that I wanted to share with all of you.

It was at an automatic carwash place where you stay inside of the car while it gets washed.

The agent was offering a free $5 wash if you allow him to give you a quote on your car insurance before you leave. He takes you V.I.N. number and by the time you get dones, he has you a quote on car insurance.

I was able to speak with the guy in some detail and he told me that if he buys 100 washes at a time the place gives him a big discount. I'm shocked at how little the place charges him.

I just thought this was a great idea and wanted to share it with yall.

I wonder how long he does that at a stretch, how many quotes he is able to do, and how many policies he writes. It seems like a cheap way to reach alot of prospects in a hurry.

Not sure I understand the concept...is he(the agent) right there at the car wash?

Yes, there are 3 lines to go to the machine and pick either a 5,10,12, or 15 dollar wash.

Tidal Wave Carwash | Home Here is a link to the type of carwash.

Any Saturday there is always a line.

Depending on how busy he is, he will have a girl out front offering the free $5 wash if he can just take your vin number and give you a quote. Then you use his barcode coupon, scan it, and drive through the 3 min car wash. This car wash lets everyone have unlimited free vacuums after you come out of the wash. He is there when you come out of the wash, with you quote.

He shows more than one company. He prints out the quotes and gives it to you.

I'm not sure if some of the people buy then, or just contact him later or how that part works.

Wouldn't he need all of their personal info as well for an accurate quote, seems like it could be a hassle to someone who just wanted to quickly wash their car

Wouldn't he need all of their personal info as well for an accurate quote, seems like it could be a hassle to someone who just wanted to quickly wash their car

It was not a hassle to me. Saved me $5 bucks and didn't take much of my time. The whole thing didnt take me 30 secs and I got a free wash out of it.

Here is GA we all are required to have car insurance. I'm not sure how he only needs the vin number, but maybe another P and C agent in Ga could tell us how that works.

But if you dont know how to do it that way, just ask them for their info.

Great idea! Takes a bit of creativity to make this work. I've heard of agents in car washes, where they rented a small office (or table) and did quotes while people waited. Obviously, this isn't the drive thru model :)

The concept of paying for the car wash would definitely boost your quote volume, which in turn would boost sales.

I'll have to figure out a way to make this work....

Dan

Back