1st Year, 2nd Year and 3rd Year Income

Yeah gotta have 20 posts is what it told me. I'm in Louisiana, and my pipeline isn't as impressive as yours unless you are considering the aps that are 'looking'. I can get them in and out, its finding someone that qualifies these days. If I could capture just 10% of the borrowers coming to me wanting a house I'd be doing good but thats not the case.

Oh and for those of you that think that Mortgage Officers wait for people to be sent to them, you must be talking about those that work at a bank that provides leads from customers. The independents like myself have to go out and get the business.

Not like the good ol' days when anyone who could fog a mirror could have a negative ARM, huh?

Yeah gotta have 20 posts is what it told me. I'm in Louisiana, and my pipeline isn't as impressive as yours unless you are considering the aps that are 'looking'. I can get them in and out, its finding someone that qualifies these days. If I could capture just 10% of the borrowers coming to me wanting a house I'd be doing good but thats not the case.

Oh and for those of you that think that Mortgage Officers wait for people to be sent to them, you must be talking about those that work at a bank that provides leads from customers. The independents like myself have to go out and get the business.

How do you do that?

I'm a mortgage broker and have been in the business for 10 years. I left the mortgage business for 8 months and went to work for Merrill Lynch as a financial consultant. I hated the culture there and there was zero support for succeeding so I left and returned to mortgages in August. While I'm making a living, it's only a matter of time before rates rise and business dries up even more. I'm 43 and dont want to be doing mortgages 5-10 years from now - starting at zero every month. I still have my series 7. 66 and life &health and would like some ideas on how to start or where to start building a residual income. I have a family to feed so I am not looking to leave the mortgge business 100% yet, but would like to start dabbling in generating some residual income and eventually have enough residual income to be able to leave the mortgage industry. Ideally, I'd like focus on life insurance and annuities. Any ideas or thoughts?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh ... In addition, I'd like to hear of some of the struggles and successes. Instead of asking what can one can make in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years in the business. Obviously, that can vary widely depending on ones drive, sales ability, connections, etc. I'd be interested in hearing what those made in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years in this business. Again, not aking what your making now. Really just looking to see how most of you who succeeded and are still grinding it out or thriving in this buiness fared.

I started in April 2008 after closing down my mortgage company. I'm currently 29 years old and here are my results selling final expense in CA.

1st 9 Months- $121k
2nd Yr- $284k
3rd Yr- $395k
4th Yr- $690k
11 Months Of this Yr- $905k

I work my tail off to get these results, but got lucky and found the perfect fit for me. I get people bashing my results but they are true and you can check out my generic website that has my 1099's. I built it so be kind! Currently having a professional site built. www.FinalExpenseTrainer.com

If you want more info message me.

PS. I worked my way from the bottom to a Regional Manager position.

I am not a LH, hater. But I think that is some fuzzy math. We don't mind a little BS. But this forum won't stand for BBBBSSSSS. And you just lost all credibility, on this forum

b61mack said:
I am not a LH, hater. But I think that is some fuzzy math. We don't mind a little BS. But this forum won't stand for BBBBSSSSS. And you just lost all credibility, on this forum

Definitely a little hard to believe. I know top agents that do not make that kind of money

I just got a peak at LH, top producers, I did find anyloan, he had close to 15k, for one month, not sure what his yearly numbers were, 15k is a respectable. He doesn't need to BS, us.

Back