2 Kids with Spina Bifida

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I was at a clients today and their daughter was there to translate for me. It turns out she has 2 kids with Spina Bifida, one 3 years and the other 6 months. She wants coverage for them and was turned down by Gerber and one other company. Any thoughts about who may cover this??

I don't know if Fidelity considers Spina Bifida to be a physical disability or not, but if she can answer "no" to these two questions about her kids, they could qualify on the Fidelity child rider:

B7. Does any Child to be insured been diagnosed with or treated by a licensed member of the medical profession for any physical disability, mental retardation or special need?

B8. Has any Child to be insured been diagnosed with or treated by a physician for any disorder of the heart or has any surgery or hospitalization been suggested which has not yet been completed?

Otherwise a graded policy could be an option.

I don't know if Fidelity considers Spina Bifida to be a physical disability or not, but if she can answer "no" to these two questions about her kids, they could qualify on the Fidelity child rider:

Otherwise a graded policy could be an option.

I would think Spina bifida is a physical disability. It can be corrected through surgery but not at their ages from what I understand.

Worth a shot to call and ask. They would qualify with Lincoln Heritage for a 3-year graded benefit, but they are a PITA to deal with.

Back