2 Months to Go & No Info

I seriously doubt you are missing much. How many people do you think will really buy the first day or week? Especially if they learn they will have to pay (or at least set aside) the first months premium for coverage that won't be effective until January?

Let the tire kickers and looky-loo's waste someone else's time.

I see no reason why this will be any different from Medicare AEP. Yes, you get a flurry of activity the first few weeks but most don't do anything, especially if they are first time buyers, until the last 3 weeks of open enrollment.

So do you think they will pay the first months premium in Dec. when they are buying Christmas presents. For a 1-1 effective they have to be in by Dec 15.

We just don't know how this is going to play out.

I'm not sure how much you can compare this to medicare AEP people age 65+ know they need insurance.

So do you think they will pay the first months premium in Dec. when they are buying Christmas presents. For a 1-1 effective they have to be in by Dec 15.

No, I think collecting premiums in advance for a Jan eff date is going to be a challenge. But then, not everyone celebrates Christmas.

You are right. We don't know how this will play.

But I have been in this business long enough to know human nature, and while I have sold business from Dec 23 - 31 for Jan eff dates, it is rare.

As for the AEP comparison, again this is human nature.

Why is there a rush the last 2 weeks of AEP? Why does H&R Block and the Post Office get backed up on April 13?

Too many are just natural procrastinators and if they don't have to do it now they won't.

A few years ago I helped with an open enrollment in a school system. The agency was marketing PRD products. Sign up in October, coverage effective 1/1 but was not drafted from your paycheck until the January check comes out.

Many forgot about it and cancelled the first time the draft came through.

Might be some of that here too.

Attended the Blue roadshow here in TN on friday.

Very nicely done. Solid information, presented in a pretty concise manner. Blue has done their homework. They know who the uninsured client is and where they are in the state.

Commissions - they are waiting for CMS to approve rates. The state DOI has approved plans/rates.

Expectation is second week of September (hopefully) to announce commissions,they want to have a few days to roll out a webinar and perhaps some in person training on how to use the enrollment tool prior to the 1st of October.

Payment - An applicant will be able to "choose" when they pay the first premium prior to the Jan 1 effective date.

I believe that commissions will be released all at the same time across the board. Would not say if it was a percentage or flat fee.

They did say multiple times that they need the agents to make this work. About half a million folks in tennessee will need to be enrolled in the 6 month enrollment period this year.

:yes:

The Healthcare.gov Q&A is now stressing that specific Plan Premiums will NOT BE AVAILABLE BEFORE October 1, 2013.

Ref: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-much-will-marketplace-insurance-cost/

I assume that this is only applicable to Federally Run exchanges, which is the majority of them. Also, as of 8/27/2013 C.O.B., Part II of Agent Certification (ID Verification) is still not ready.

Handwriting on the wall is becoming more discernable now.

The Healthcare.gov Q&A is now stressing that specific Plan Premiums will NOT BE AVAILABLE BEFORE October 1, 2013.

Ref: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-much-will-marketplace-insurance-cost/

I assume that this is only applicable to Federally Run exchanges, which is the majority of them. Also, as of 8/27/2013 C.O.B., Part II of Agent Certification (ID Verification) is still not ready.

Handwriting on the wall is becoming more discernable now.

I see it now. Mene Mene Tekel Uphar....... Not finished yet, but pretty obvious!

NY just got their Shop Certification timelines: http://www.healthbenefitexchange.ny...Certification Course Instructions 8.22.13.pdf

Basically, says that "step 2" will be available Sept. 9 (that's the log-in/verify/register step). Step 3, the "we send you your log-in for the broker portal via e-mail" step is scheduled for no earlier than Oct. 1.

So, no, on our state run exchange, no one can see the rate/networks/plan designs prior to Oct 1. Brokers can't familiarize themselves with the system, learn the tools, or run a test quote.

While what Allen posted is FFE only, good chance a bunch of the states running their own follow the precedent.

Latest posts

Back