2010 PDP/MAPD Training

I wrote nearly 200 medicare advantage policies last year. I have not even looked at the training requirements yet. I am trying to care, but they knocked it out of me last year.

The ONLY reason I will even bother to certify this year is to be able to service my existing clients that I can't move to a med sup. The med advantage companies are going to milk the subsidized gravy train and blame their agents for the culture of greed they created with a seasonal product.

If you are still depending on the MA plans to support yourself, you must not believe anything you have read for the last couple years.

Yest, there is a poster here that says the MA agents are overpaid, that 80% of bad agents and that lock-in is a good thing.

If anyone has read and believed that dribble here, then they deserve what they get.

The only company I've certified with for 2010 so far is Universal American. But their plans are high cost for my clients.

My two best MAPD companies for 2009, Wellcare and Coventry, said they will no longer offer MA plans in New York State.

Now I'm trying to find the best two companies left for my clients that can not afford Med Sups. Right now I think it's Cigna and Aetna. Can anyone help with some advice ?

Hank...I think Arcadian is in your area. They are a HMO but they do take care of the clients. However, they only use FMO system...don't know who to recommend.

I think on October 1st 2009 Medicare should have the listings for all of the 2010 PDP and MAPD/HMO/PPO's on their website. You should be able to see what's available for 2010 with all carriers. It might be Oct 15th at the latest

Back