26 Yr Old with Crohn's Disease

I would look for a carrier that table shaves first. That is your best bet for a better rating. I have had a Standard with LFG before. Plus they Table shave up to Table C/$5 flat extra. I highly suggest you shop it with them.

----------

Interesting, and good to know since I have a possible chrons case I might write in the near future.

But in the past I have had one placed with LFG at Standard. Another was Table D which is just one away from being shaved to Std.

LFGs UW guide actually mentions Chrons.

I will add LFG. It might be worth doing it with them and doing their treasury term life policy (can't think of the real name) to try and get a longer coverage at a better rate.

----------

I've had some really good success with both ulcerative colitis cases and crohn's with American General lately.

35 Yr old Male - mild left sided UC, no dysplasia, asacol meds, few years since last flareup...Standard Plus approval

52 Yr old Male - Crohn's - multiple surgeries, resections, 8 years since last flareup, approved at Standard (this was table 2+ everywhere else)

38 yr old male - mild UC, standard plus approval. would have gone preferred, but had other medical issues non related to UC

42 year old male, mild UC last flareup 5 years ago, no meds...Approved at Preferred Plus

29 year old moderate UC, flareups within past 3 years, asacol, - Approved Standard.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I always though it would be interesting to find some industry data that would show how many table 4/D offers are given by the carriers with table 3 shave programs vs. their peers. Same for 5/E with the 4 table shavers (like Penn)...

It certainly makes you wonder when they are just one away.

I always though it would be interesting to find some industry data that would show how many table 4/D offers are given by the carriers with table 3 shave programs vs. their peers. Same for 5/E with the 4 table shavers (like Penn)...

Ray,

Who are the table shave companies? And how many tables?

As I mention below I know of

LFG
Principle

It certainly makes you wonder when they are just one away.

I will say, I always felt with LFG they really were trying to get inside table 3 so it could be shaved. They are/were very picky about some things, but I do feel they were really working to get a good offer to the agent.

Ray,

Who are the table shave companies? And how many tables?

As I mention below I know of

LFG
Principle

True shaves? Not many that I know of...Penn Mutual is 4 tables in addition to the ones that you mentioned. Met will do facultative reinsurance on some C and B cases where they will allow their original offer to stand if it can't be improved. There is one more carrier (maybe Pac Life?) that I don't write who I think has one as well.

Several companies do have credit programs. For example, MoO, AXA, and Symetra...2 tables for MoO and AXA, 3 for Symetra.

There are others too...

Back