34 Year Old Female with Cancer Two Years Ago..

kamp

Guru
100+ Post Club
Cancer free for two years..will anyone insure her for a reasonable price?

Or is she going to have to get some insurance that doesn't fit her needs (lower death benefit) or even worse some graded policy?

Thanks for the help.

skin cancer that was burner of or pancreatic cancer? How much is reasonable? In dollars? Insurance that fit her needs at a reasonable price would have been the coverage she could have bought the year before diagnosis.

How do you think insurance is priced? Actuaries do not try to come up with the most unreasonable price and plans to screw people. Why do people get preferred plus rates?

What was your question?

I wouldn't have posted if it was skin cancer.

It was Stage 1 cervical cancer.

If she is 34 and wanted a 30 year/$100K term I wouldn't expect her to get some $18 per month rate.

First, I am wondering if ANYONE would even look at it within five years. Second, if so, is she looking at $75, $100, $150 per month for similar coverage?

I usually deal with FE but this is a daughter of a client of mine.

So, asking a question about reasonable to "who" doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a way to throw snark around.

Use common sense. If you don't or can't answer my question, then don't post on this thread.

I'm looking for guidance, not some lecture about how actuaries determine rates.

Prudential will take Stage 1 cervical cancers.

Postpone for 1 year after completion of treatment.

At the end of 1 year, standard rates available plus a flat extra in the amount of $7.50 per thousand. Flat would last for 5 years.

Looking at $264 per year plus $750 for flat..$1014 per year for 5 years, $264 per year for years 6-30....if you average it out over the 30 years, it's only $389 per year

Last edited:

If she is 34 and wanted a 30 year/$100K term I wouldn't expect her to get some $18 per month rate.

First, I am wondering if ANYONE would even look at it within five years. Second, if so, is she looking at $75, $100, $150 per month for similar coverage?

So, asking a question about reasonable to "who" doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a way to throw snark around.

Use common sense. If you don't or can't answer my question, then don't post on this thread.

Common sense would have posted the Cancer information in the first post. Common sense would not have used reasonable with out a definition of reasonable of an individual known. Common sense would not presume that we know what her needs are. Since that was not posted.

I get that you are an FE agent. I post questions questions in the FE forum on cases in need advice on. However, I try to put as much info as I have so the FE guys can help me with out having to as the questions. Notice you got an answer after you posted the cancer info.

All that said. Shoot me a pm with your email and I will send you a cancer questionnaire. That will be needed as you shop the case.

Lee

Asking for help without giving the necessarily information and then getting snarky about it isn't helping you.

One person's definition of reasonable is not the same as another. Perhaps because the person has had cancer, they would think a rate roughly table F is ok, while another may think that anything less than preferred plus is highway robbery.

You're an FE guy, when someone asks you what 10k costs, and doesn't bother to give you age, gender, tobacco or health, why do you say?

Cancer free for two years..will anyone insure her for a reasonable price?

Or is she going to have to get some insurance that doesn't fit her needs (lower death benefit) or even worse some graded policy?

Come back with more info when you actually want help.

Back