35 Yr Old Looking at an Annuity

I had you pinned as a bitcoin kinda guy.... (auto correct put "but coin". I should have left it)

That would be even riskier, possibly reward-ier. I have a decent amount of money tied up in the bitcoin market....it'll either be worth a whole lot in 2 years, or about nothing. Only thing to be certain of is that the market will drastically move one way or another.

Anyone reputable doing options on Bitcoins yet?

Looks like a dream straddle play...

Reputable is a subjective & variable thing in the bitcoin community... lol

There are lots of hacking thefts going on out there from what I hear. Not many being reported.

Bitcoin is too slow to process transactions to ever be a viable transaction mechanism. Its only hope is as a store of value, which I think will be eroded by hacking.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I have a 35yr old client with around $25,000 to $30,000 looking for a retirement vehicle. Its been a while since I did anything with annuities, i mainly do life and health. I just need to steer this guy in the right direction..

I remember several years ago companies would give the client a 5%-10% bonus for the amount they put in, I realize this was before the financial meltdown so not sure if their are companies this guy could look at that would give him a bonus? Since he is younger, he doesn't mind doing a long term annuity, he is currently just thinking of a CD with his local bank and if my memory serves me right, that's not the best route to take..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Depends on risk tolerance, current and future liquidity needs if any, other funds including qualified plans and if they are maxed, among other things. Many good options. I also agree with the guy that said bonuses shouldn't be important with many years to go. Sounds like an easy little sale.

Gotta agree. I'd go with real estate...more risk, more reward!

I'm up 11% this year in Gold and 10% in silver...and when the inflation comes home to roost, and the real estate bottoms out again, good luck with the rental income. I was gonna buy some rental properties and decided to buy metal, I don't regret this decision.

Btw Blackstone (the hedgefund slumlords), their buying is 70% down this year, and UBS is starting up subprime again, I wonder what they see coming down the pike?

Now read this fantastic article from real estate analyst Mark Hanson, who points out that homes are much less affordable now that they were at the peak of the most recent housing bubble.

Never fear serfs, now that homes have once again become unaffordable, the banks are bringing back subrpime loans so that Blackstone can sell back to the muppets.

Ah, crony capitalism at its finest.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-14/blackstones-home-buying-binge-drops-70-its-peak-last-year

Also the price of ammo alone is an investment these days...

----------

NWL has a 95% uncapped PR with a 0.35% spread (monthly average S&P 500) (Ultra Value Product)
They also have 75% PR with a 0.25% spread (S&P monthly avg) & 50% PR w/ 0.25% spread (Global Lookback Strategy - 4 Indexes, 40%/30%/20%/10% allocated from best to worst performer)

Whats your take on NWL, their guarantees etc.

I'm up 11% this year in Gold and 10% in silver...and when the inflation comes home to roost, and the real estate bottoms out again, good luck with the rental income. I was gonna buy some rental properties and decided to buy metal, I don't regret this decision.

Btw Blackstone (the hedgefund slumlords), their buying is 70% down this year, and UBS is starting up subprime again, I wonder what they see coming down the pike?

Now read this fantastic article from real estate analyst Mark Hanson, who points out that homes are much less affordable now that they were at the peak of the most recent housing bubble.

Never fear serfs, now that homes have once again become unaffordable, the banks are bringing back subrpime loans so that Blackstone can sell back to the muppets.

Ah, crony capitalism at its finest.
Blackstone's Home Buying Binge Drops 70% From Its Peak Last Year | Zero Hedge

Also the price of ammo alone is an investment these days...

I, too, believe in holding precious metals. I hold gold, silver, and palladium.
That said, in the right area, rental properties are an incredible investment.
I currently only have one rental home. I have never had an investment do better. Purchase price $48,500. Mortgage (15 yr), taxes, and insurance comes out to $390/month. Rental income is $1,025/month. Have had $0 in repairs needed since last May. Great tenants, always on time with rent.

Thanks for all the responses! I don't think liquidity is important, wants to sock a way a lump sum, get the "safest" possible return and reap any and all tax benefits, sounds like he likes a fixed indexed annuity for the upside and likes the fact their is no downside risk of loss.. He basically wants to act like it doesn't exist once the money is in there, he was thinking of just doing an IRA at his local bank which I think is more of a CD..

Thanks for all the responses! I don't think liquidity is important, wants to sock a way a lump sum, get the "safest" possible return and reap any and all tax benefits, sounds like he likes a fixed indexed annuity for the upside and likes the fact their is no downside risk of loss.. He basically wants to act like it doesn't exist once the money is in there, he was thinking of just doing an IRA at his local bank which I think is more of a CD..

He is not going to put it all in an IRA anytime soon. He should at least look at a nonmec IUL.

Back