6.5 Million Enrolled

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
That's a pretty big number, until you pull back the layers.
Most were auto re-enrolls. (2/3rds)
Of the other 2 million who got new coverage, I know 200 of them were clients of mine whose Non GF policy was cancelled.
But headlines will focus on the 6.5M number

------------
PPACA enrollment hits 6.4 million | BenefitsPro
More than 6 million consumers have purchased health care coverage in Obamacare’s federal exchanges, the administration said Tuesday.

Out of the 6.4 million total as of Dec. 19, nearly 2 million of them gained coverage for the first time. The government data includes sign-ups through Healthcare.gov and not from state exchanges. PPACA’s state exchanges have reported about 1 million signups so far.

The tally is a big jump from the 2.5 million figure reported last week.

PPACA’s increasing enrollment number is helped by the number of auto-renewals in plans for the second year. HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said about two-thirds of consumers were auto-enrolled.

A swarm of signups was expected by Dec. 15, the deadline for consumers to enroll in a plan to get coverage by Jan. 1.

The Obama administration’s goal for 2015 is to get 9.1 million customers in plans sold under the law. Consulting firm Avalere Health predicts that the administration will exceed that number, estimating that 10.5 million will purchase coverage via the exchanges.

“We still have a lot of work to do before the Feb. 15 deadline, but this is an encouraging start,” HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said in a statement.

Still a weak number taken on its face & not in line with original projections. "new coverage" is a joke - all of my people who were cancelled have always been covered . . . .now, they simply get to pay double if they don't qualify for the money. Those who did get a subsidy only had to have it now because they couldn't possibly pay for these astronomical plans without the help. . . .otherwise they'd have stayed out of healthcare.gov and simply purchased off-exchange.

Back